Any HD Spotbeams reach North Louisiana?

So does Little Rock, AR have HD locals yet? That is much closer to me than Fort Smith so maybe I would get a better signal. What do you think?

Here is 37 http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB37.jpg
CIEL2_SB37.jpg

Right, that's why I asked about Little Rock, because Fort Smith is not yet available. I know that *D has all the local HD signals there but can't find that info for Dish.

It was posted above. Fort Smith, AR is not available yet. Keep an eye on TheList and The Uplink Center.

Last edited:
Thanks to each of you who offered assistance over the length of this thread... I admit defeat. After 8 years with a Georgia address and being able to get Atlanta locals, I just completed an online chat with a DISH CSR and changed it.

For those of you who think that the rest of us need to abide by the rules and use the same service and billing address, this should make you happy.

To the rest of you who are as frustrated as I am that DISH doesn't offer HD locals in many areas, (my DMA is #82) I commiserate with you. !sadroll

What are you confused about? The HD areas that I might have been able to pick up tested at such a low percentage that I was afraid I'd have trouble when it rained, etc. The ones that tested high are on 129 and have no channels on them as of yet. In the meantime, my HD locals out of Atlanta were gone because of Spotbeam and the other channels, even though on CONUS, were starting to go out at times and we'd have to change the channel for a second to get the picture back.

So........because of that, I made my billing address and physical address the same on DISH. If something comes up that includes Shreveport and I can pick up HD local networks with a strong signal, I'll move again. In the meantime, I am glad to be able to watch the networks through DISH, even in SD.

Confused....but ok.

What are you confused about? The HD areas that I might have been able to pick up tested at such a low percentage that I was afraid I'd have trouble when it rained, etc. The ones that tested high are on 129 and have no channels on them as of yet. In the meantime, my HD locals out of Atlanta were gone because of Spotbeam and the other channels, even though on CONUS, were starting to go out at times and we'd have to change the channel for a second to get the picture back.

So........because of that, I made my billing address and physical address the same on DISH. If something comes up that includes Shreveport and I can pick up HD local networks with a strong signal, I'll move again. In the meantime, I am glad to be able to watch the networks through DISH, even in SD.

Ahh...gotcha. I know someone that watched locals on 61.5 with a strength of 20-22 most of the time with no issues. I haven't heard them complain about rain since they had them for about a year.

Another one you might have forgotten about is 119 transponder 9. I think you are fringe on that one though.

Been about a month now...anything develop that I could pick up as far as HD locals? Using the antenna is driving me nuts, esp now that they replaced my 622 with a 722k and neglected to send the OTA module. I have the HD locals going straight to my TV and while the PQ is excellent, the channels dont show up in the guide as before where I can just click on it and record to the DVR. I tried watching the locals in SD but the picture is SO SOFT. I need to move!

check your signals on 129 transponders 1-16 again. when you flip through give it time. tp5 is conus with indy HD locals which might move anyday now.

Did you see enough strength on the dallas 110 locals?

transponder 31, it should change to say spotbeam on the signal meter. You said earlier in this thread you had a signal of 28 on that beam, when I suggested Dallas, which is good enough for reception except maybe during heavy downpours.

I live in Monroe. While I enjoy my OTA HD Locals, I would like to be able to record more than one show from them in HD. I was thinking of 'moving' as well, but I get absolutely 0 on that Dallas spotbeam on 110.

I live in Monroe. While I enjoy my OTA HD Locals, I would like to be able to record more than one show from them in HD. I was thinking of 'moving' as well, but I get absolutely 0 on that Dallas spotbeam on 110.

Check TP 11 on 129..you should be in the beam. That's Lafayette, LA (ABC, CBS, FOX). Also you might have a few other choices. Post your signal strengths on 129 transponders 1 - 16 and I'll determine what you can get. Make sure you give it a few seconds to lock onto the transponder. Only post the ones where the the display says "Spotbeam" and shows locked on 129.

Baton Rouge will be on TP 9 on the same beam as Lafayette, LA but they about another month or two off from being available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts