Any HD Spotbeams reach North Louisiana?

I don't think Shreveport will ever be launched in HD.

There still might be hope.. Spotbeam 37 on 129 seems to cover Shreveport. It consists of TP 1 and TP 3. TP 3 is slated for Fort Smith, AR. Nothing on TP 1 yet...they might mirror Little Rock, AR but they are on EA already..and most of the mirrored markets are already listed in the uplink. But of course if you want locals in HD you'll have to get a temporary job in another city ;)

I emailed the Chief Engineer for KNOE/KAQY in the Monroe/El Dorado Ar area and he said when hell freezes over we would get our HD LOCALS. LOL....j/k....

He said: "While KNOE does have an agreement for Dish Network to carry our programming, whether or not they furnish customers our HD signal is their decision. I feel sure the main problem is infrastructure based. HD signals will use up more of their bandwidth than they are willing to relinquish. Our area is considered to be small pickings compared to the overall picture across. The bigger markets will get the lion's share of bandwidth. The call is strictly theirs."

Oh, what I wouldn't give to get some local HD.

Still Not sure I want to get in the water yet. As I'll loose my OTA Guide Info.

Not sure about you area. But I can confirm that out of 3 places I've lived in. AL, MS, and LA that I got those locals in HD via SAT and also had my local OTA guide info with no issues. Recording three networks at one time in HD is very nice! And to believe it only takes a 5 minute online chat session to get things fixed up. Well worth the hours of enjoyment.

Check TP 11 on 129..you should be in the beam. That's Lafayette, LA (ABC, CBS, FOX). Also you might have a few other choices. Post your signal strengths on 129 transponders 1 - 16 and I'll determine what you can get. Make sure you give it a few seconds to lock onto the transponder. Only post the ones where the the display says "Spotbeam" and shows locked on 129.

Baton Rouge will be on TP 9 on the same beam as Lafayette, LA but they about another month or two off from being available.

Thanks for helping. Here are the readings. I only posted locked spotbeams. If not posted, it is 0

This is all 129.

TP
1 43
3 28
9 26
11 37
14 37
16 17

Thanks for helping. Here are the readings. I only posted locked spotbeams. If not posted, it is 0

This is all 129.

TP
1 43
3 28
9 26
11 37
14 37
16 17

1 - SB 37 - Nothing yet
3 - SB 37 - Fort Smith, AR (unavailable as of this post)
9 - SB 42 - Baton Rouge, LA (unavailable as of this post)
11 - SB 42 - Lafayette, LA (available - FOX, ABC, CBS only - no NBC in DMA)
14 - SB 38 - Nashville, TN (available - all 4)
16 - SB 38 - Memphis, TN (unavailable)

Surprised you don't see TP 13 of SB 38.

But as you see, you do have two choices.

Also,

it would seem to me that the Nashville (tp14=37) signal should be less than Memphis (tp16=17).

I'm not at all clear what the 129 spotbeam readings mean. I'm showing spotbeam signal readings that must be empty or place holders. Portland and Seattle are on 110, and Yakima (129 tp 11) is the only one that appears to be real.

1 - SB 37 - Nothing yet
3 - SB 37 - Fort Smith, AR (unavailable as of this post)
9 - SB 42 - Baton Rouge, LA (unavailable as of this post)
11 - SB 42 - Lafayette, LA (available - FOX, ABC, CBS only - no NBC in DMA)
14 - SB 38 - Nashville, TN (available - all 4)
16 - SB 38 - Memphis, TN (unavailable)

Surprised you don't see TP 13 of SB 38.

But as you see, you do have two choices.

Yeah, TP13 gives me a strength of 6 and does not lock. I didn't include it.

So, what kind of address would I give them to 'move'? I suppose I will tell them I have leased a house with a dish in place and moved my receivers. Just want to know how to derive the address.

Thanks A TON for all the help. You guys are great. Hopefully, I can return the favor some day.

Chris

it would seem to me that the Nashville (tp14=37) signal should be less than Memphis (tp16=17).

I'm not at all clear what the 129 spotbeam readings mean. I'm showing spotbeam signal readings that must be empty or place holders. Portland and Seattle are on 110, and Yakima (129 tp 11) is the only one that appears to be real.

Not really place holders they just have them lit up. There are two TP's in my area that when I look at them with TSReader they completely empty of any video streams.

Why does it take so long for the spot beams to lock? On 110/119, I get signal almost immediately. Takes like 10 seconds to get Spotbeam 14 to come up. Why is that?

Not sure why, the receiver must be doing something when it is locking on. As even weak signals lock at the same speed as high signal strength ones.

So, what kind of address would I give them to 'move'? I suppose I will tell them I have leased a house with a dish in place and moved my receivers. Just want to know how to derive the address.

Thanks A TON for all the help. You guys are great. Hopefully, I can return the favor some day.

Chris

Some do the apt thing... I prefer to search for residential real estate and add a 1 to the address. I then put the address into this page to verify:

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

I moved to a auto repair shop in Dallas got a great deal on a flat above the garage next to the freeway, great view! :up BTW I did the on line chat for the change, took all of 5 min. CS said enjoy your new job!

4/05/09 readings

110/31 31%

129/ 1-16

1 46% SB
2 22% SB
3 44% SB
4 0%
5 55% TP
6 2% TP
7 27% SB
8 3% TP
9 13% SB
10 0%
11 16% SB
12 24% TP
13 0%
14 26% SB
15 57% TP
16 5% TP

Here in Shreveport I get 70% on 110/SB 27

After about a month using my actual address, I HATE IT! Dish sent me the OTA tuner for my new 722K so I am getting locals in HD on that tuner, as well as the 622 in the bedroom but even when the antenna signal shows in the 80 percent range, the local HD still goes in and out. The local SD signal is soft and on the darkish side. I was soooooooo happy with my :luvlove: Atlanta channels.

So, is a move to the DFW area still the recommended course of action by the experts here?

Thanks. I appreciate your patience with me!

transponder 31, it should change to say spotbeam on the signal meter. You said earlier in this thread you had a signal of 28 on that beam, when I suggested Dallas, which is good enough for reception except maybe during heavy downpours.

I get 45% on 1 and 42% on 3. No local HD on those yet, you said? GRRR!

There still might be hope.. Spotbeam 37 on 129 seems to cover Shreveport. It consists of TP 1 and TP 3. TP 3 is slated for Fort Smith, AR. Nothing on TP 1 yet...they might mirror Little Rock, AR but they are on EA already..and most of the mirrored markets are already listed in the uplink. But of course if you want locals in HD you'll have to get a temporary job in another city ;)

Ok, i moved to Dallas online with no problems. Here are the locals in HD

DALLAS ABC-WFAA IN HD 8 6383
DALLAS CBS-KTVT IN HD 11 6384
DALLAS FOX-KDFW IN HD 4 6386
DALLAS NBC-KXAS IN HD 5 6385

The CBS and NBC stations are not showing 'mapped down' in either HD or SD.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts