Any idea when Cincinnati HD locals will be lit up?

Your map is really helpful. Can you tell me what channels the dots are? Also I am not too savvy on the local HD channel numbers, as well as the call letters and what they are. I know on analog my guide says: 5=WLWT (NBC), 9=WCPO (ABC), 12=WKRC (CBS), 19=WXIX (FOX), 14=WPTO (PBS??), 48=WCET (PBS) 54=WCVN (PBS) 64=WSTR (PBS???), 84=HSN.

On your map, my house would be right about on the "Q" in MapQuest at the far bottom right corner of the map. The the true north indicated on my pic is pretty darn close to true north. I pulled out the ole' compass and did the hold-it-up-to-your-eye-and-look-at-landmarks-where-the-guide-wire-points trick. According to your map, it looks like I will be needing to point antenna more towards NNW. I will try to figure out the angle from the "Q" on your map to the dots. (Need to remember my old geometry schooling from high school...print out map draw line from Q to dots, which would make a right triangle with the edges of image...measure the lines...and 3-4-5 thing???...google will set me straight) Just from eyballing it, it looks closer to 45 degrees left of due north, which would put it closer to the tall tree on the far left of my panoramic shot.

Merco,

I have to go to work now but I will mull this over and get back to you if I can think of anything.

kaman,
I attached a new map. When verifying the new DT station locations I noticed that 19 moved its tower (at least digital tower) to Price Hill! The numbers in parentheses are the digital channel numbers.

Other channels you MIGHT pick up include 43 (39) TBN Tower is just north and east of Hamilton, 14 (28) PBS, tower is in Oxford, but the signal is booming here and if you draw a line from Oxford to where I live and extend it out, it would be right in line with you!

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)