Any ideas? 722k w/1000.4

xjakdanylx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
greetings,

this is my problem, at random times channels 208HD & 209HD give error 002.
error appears, then seems to fix itself. then it happens again.

my setup:
722k w/ota module & dish 1000.4, eastern arc 64.5,72,77,

dish has been hear 3 times, problem still appears.
heres what dish has done so far.....

1. tweaked signal, stated it was a little low.

2. 2nd dish visit, replaced 61.5 lnb, checked signal, wiring and connections.

3.3rd dish visit, checked work of other dish techs, found 722k was plugged into a non grounded outlet, (old house)- now plugged into grounded outlet. Stated damage could have been done to 722k due to non-grounded outlet. stated if continues, might need to replace box.

i am trying to avoid losing timers/recordings by replacing box if a new box does is also not the issue.

Note: happens on channels 208 & 209 HD only. sd OK.

help is greatly appreciated!

I just checked those two channels and found no problems. If your problem is occurring only on those two channels I doubt that your box is at fault. I am just curious. Tune to one of those channels and then hit menu, 6, 1, 1 on your remote. Check the signal strength. Is it a steady signal? How often does this occur?

I just checked those two channels and found no problems. If your problem is occurring only on those two channels I doubt that your box is at fault. I am just curious. Tune to one of those channels and then hit menu, 6, 1, 1 on your remote. Check the signal strength. Is it a steady signal? How often does this occur?

signal strength is 39(revised dish scale) on a cloudy night here. signal is steady.
seems to happen on an average once every day.

regarding the channels it happens on , 208 & 209 have been the only ones which i have noticed so far.

one other piece of information, if i leave on one of the problem channels while the error message 002 is on screen , every so often the Dish Information Bar will flicker on then off every few minutes as it seems to be checking to establish the channel.

thanks for your response...

I have two 722k's and a 211k on the 1000.4 dish. My signal on those channels is about the same as you have and is currently cloudy. How often does the lost signal problem occur?

I have two 722k's and a 211k on the 1000.4 dish. My signal on those channels is about the same as you have and is currently cloudy. How often does the lost signal problem occur?

i have noticed it once of so every day or two. when it does happen, it does not randomly go off & on throughout the day. seems once is comes back on it is good for quite some time.

could the issue be related to a specific transponder? seems these channels come off 32.

thx

As crazy as it sounds this could be causing your issue. Take note what time of day this occurrs and see if you have any low flying aircraft in your path. I would tend to believe that your issue happens on other channels as well. You have not noticed it though. Do you have a OTA module installed in your 722k?

As crazy as it sounds this could be causing your issue. Take note what time of day this occurrs and see if you have any low flying aircraft in your path. I would tend to believe that your issue happens on other channels as well. You have not noticed it though. Do you have a OTA module installed in your 722k?

i do have an OTA module installed.
if the interference is related to the aircraft, what would actually cause it... transmissions between tower & plane?
also, could the interference affect only a certain transponder and not the rest?
one day while the error message was on screen I did take the time to run through the channels from 100-209. the error 002 only appeared on 208 & 209.

thanks for your time, appreciate it.

I believe your problem is associated with your OTA signals that drop out. This is a known bug. Check the signal strength on those OTA channels. If you find intermittent signal even though you are watching a sat channel when the signal drops out OTA you will still see that screen.... Delete that OTA channel and your lost signal screen will disappear. Many threads on that issue. Good Luck;)

I believe your problem is associated with your OTA signals that drop out. This is a known bug. Check the signal strength on those OTA channels. If you find intermittent signal even though you are watching a sat channel when the signal drops out OTA you will still see that screen.... Delete that OTA channel and your lost signal screen will disappear. Many threads on that issue. Good Luck;)

will give it some time later on today, thanks again,

**Revised original post, error message received was 004 not 002.:sleeo

add'l info on channels, did it on 208, 209, 214 & 215 HD only before it corrected itself this morning. i believe the above channels come off of sat 61.5 transponder 32.
All other original information regarding problem below is correct.

greetings,

this is my problem, at random times channels 208HD & 209HD give error
error appears, then seems to fix itself. then it happens again.

my setup:
722k w/ota module & dish 1000.4, eastern arc 64.5,72,77,

dish has been hear 3 times, problem still appears.
heres what dish has done so far.....

1. tweaked signal, stated it was a little low.

2. 2nd dish visit, replaced 61.5 lnb, checked signal, wiring and connections.

3.3rd dish visit, checked work of other dish techs, found 722k was plugged into a non grounded outlet, (old house)- now plugged into grounded outlet. Stated damage could have been done to 722k due to non-grounded outlet. stated if continues, might need to replace box.

i am trying to avoid losing timers/recordings by replacing box if a new box does is also not the issue.

Note: happens on channels 208 & 209 HD only. sd OK.

help is greatly appreciated!

tp 32

**Revised original post, error message received was 004 not 002.:sleeo

add'l info on channels, did it on 208, 209, 214 & 215 HD only before it corrected itself this morning. i believe the above channels come off of sat 61.5 transponder 32.
All other original information regarding problem below is correct.

Are you sure it's not all channels that are on 32 that have the problem? Look at the list and then see if it happens to the other channels listed on that tp.

Are you sure it's not all channels that are on 32 that have the problem? Look at the list and then see if it happens to the other channels listed on that tp.

i believe it was all the channels on 32,

Problem has been solved, dish was out again, replaced the only items that were left to replace.

the separator & box itself.
was one or the other.

thanks for the help all.

You could add another side sat dish just for 61.5 sat and plug it into the eastern arc dish. You would have to cover the lnb with aluminum foil for the 61.5 sat on the lnb of the eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish, run a check switch and it would then use the side sat dish for 61.5. IF you could get a side sat dish for a bigger dish , say a 30" dish, it would guarantee that you would see the strength of each transponder go up and then avoid drop outs.

I did something similar today using an old dish 1000 sat dish. I got the strength of the transponders to go up by 5 points or more. I only wish that I could buy a 30" sat dish to try it myself , but I am a little tapped out at the present time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts