Any ideas for improved reception (leaves, etc affecting reception)

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I've asked before, but made some improvements. Want to change from strictly UHF antenna with preamp to both VHF/UHF antenna. Will try to put as much info as poss this time. 5ft coax from antenna out will run into preamp, 60ft of coax, no couplers or anything until power injector running 2 tv's (will need splitter if enough signal is feasable.) Antenna 10ft AGL, will try adding my tvfool report. Some things on it are inaccurate. WDEF 12 Actual 12 is not listed, WNGH if listed is actual ch 33 not yet moved to ch 4 low VHF. Was hoping a diff or "better" antenna would do better with leaves blowing. The chief engineer at WTVC Chattanooga seemed to think all channels with exception of WDSI, should be decent running his computer program (they also broadcast WFLI and WDSI programming.) So channels I want obviously are 3 (real 13) 9 (real 9) 12 (real 12) all hi-Vhf, maybe WNGH which I don't see (real 33) moving to (real 4) in repack, WTCI, WFLI. Again, 5ft new coax into preamp then straight shot 60ft coax into power injector then either to main tv only or split if signal allows. Height is 10ft AGL. Will try and add tvfool report. Thanks. I know this will be tricky at best more than likely, especially 1Edge and 2Edge signals.
TV Fool

Number one on your list of things to change should be your antenna height. If you can't do it yourself, have someone do it for you.

You may have been better served by using your thread from 2017 unless you have moved since then. It took many, many posts to hammer out the basics of your setup and we shouldn't have to go through that again.

Getting intermittent interference, need some input

Number one on your list of things to change should be your antenna height. If you can't do it yourself, have someone do it for you.

You may have been better served by using your thread from 2017 unless you have moved since then. It took many, many posts to hammer out the basics of your setup and we shouldn't have to go through that again.

Getting intermittent interference, need some input
It was because of your prev comments I tried to be as thorough as poss this time....but I'll take you're 1 useful tip under advisement and try and raise it

So we finally get a look at your abysmal tvfool report and aren't left wondering why you're having troubles. You have to figure out a way to reduce the number of edges or give up. I can't imagine you'll ever get CBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)