Any Ideas or Cures

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
This just came up a few days ago and I need some opinions and ideas on why it is happening. I am using a Linkbox 9000i Local. Sometimes when I do a blind scan every thing is going good until the information starts to show on the screen. Instead of the usual transponder information, sat name, FR, SR, Polarity and whether the signal is OK or failed. Every now and then instead of the normal info I get the sat name, the number 1024 instead of an FR and SR, 4K where it's suppose to show the polarity and the failed noticed. This will go on through out the whole scanning procedure. When I go back to the sat list and check the satellite I just scanned there is nothing there. Once this happens no matter what I try to scan, C or Ku Band I get that 1024, 4K and failed notice. The only way to get back to the normal operation is to do a factory default and reload the satellite and channel information. If any anyone has any knowledge about this or know how to go about correcting this problem please let me know. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

It works fine as long as you don't do a blind scan, and the pre-loaded sat/TP lists work?

Does the ATSC scan work ok for local OTA channels?

Thinking maybe wrong firmware installed, or memory issue? Can you ssh into the box and see what is on the various drives? I'm not familiar with the unit, maybe someone owns one would have more ideas. Good luck!

Reactions: KE4EST
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check into them.

When this problem happens, manually delete all transponders that were scanned after reloading memory, to restore memory capacity. Usually all channels associated with those blind scans will also delete when the TP that found it is removed from memory. There is a limit to how much you can scan before filling up both transponder and channel memory, so it needs periodic maintenance by removing unused or unwanted information.

Reactions: Diamond Jim
Mike, can you put that in layman's terms? When I do a blind scan I delete everything right then except if there is something want to watch, then I delete after I am done with it. I have the system set up to do blind scanning on a C Band and Ku Band search and all of the other satellites I use are set up by name. That is so I can scan and delete and I won't mess up and delete some thing I want to keep permanently.

Here is an example of how this happens. I did a blind scan on Galaxy 17 Vertical and received quite a few FRs. There was nothing I was interested in so I then deleted all of them and switched to Horizontal. That's when this 1024, 4K, fail stuff shows up. If I let the scan complete it's self this will show up anywhere from 25 to 30 times. Usually I terminate the scan after it shows up twice. As I said when I check the satellite list there is noting listed on it. Then to do anything else I have to do a default and re enter all of the data.

I've had this receiver for about 3 years now and it has worked fine, This problem just popped up in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Could be that your receiver has a corrupted memory that can only be started to be fixed after doing a master reset of everything, which clears the memory. Then load your satellite/TP files. If you are not manually switching to Vertical as you past 49 or 50 percent of the first blind scan, then maybe you should do so, and stop after the satellite has made one pass at H and then one at V.
At this point, stop and manually check each frequency/TP that has been scanned. If there is no quality level as you check each transponder (remember to manually switch polarity as you go from H to V), delete those TPs. Then do satellite scans of remaining TPs left on your list.

IF you have H V switching properly configurated with a Ku LNBF down a single coax, there should be no need to manually switch. Assuming that skew position is rotated for perfect cross pole isolation (getting completely rid of opposite polarity signals that might try to come in). That is more reliable that peaking existing signals on a given polarity. Once set, it should work automatically.

Should this problem have just started recently without any other changes in hardware or configuration, your receiver may just need a trip into the factory for repair, wherever that might be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts