Any info on Fios availability in the st petersburg area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

razorphreak900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
tampa bay area
I have done the check by adress, but as usual, it never works. I know they have this service in clearwater, wich is not far from us at all. i would say 20 mins difference.

any info,links,rumors for fios to start rolling out around here? what is such the hold up? of course this whole area is verizon based...

well thanks in advance guys =-)

I have done the check by adress, but as usual, it never works. I know they have this service in clearwater, wich is not far from us at all. i would say 20 mins difference.

any info,links,rumors for fios to start rolling out around here? what is such the hold up? of course this whole area is verizon based...

well thanks in advance guys =-)

For a while we heard end of 2008 but it looks like it may not be until 2009.

Keep in mind Pinellas is the most crowded county (people per square mile) in the state and has like 26 municipalities. Before the state law was changed to allow Verizon to make an agreement with the state, they had to come up with an agreement for each city they wanted to go into. Because of this, and the fact that we already have two cable companies in most of Pinellas (BHN and Knology), it was decided in the beginning that Pinellas would come later. For this reason, smaller counties (poplulation wise) like Pasco and Manateee got the service first. I've heard they are moving right along now but I too have been able to get no information about FIOS in St. Pete. Not from contacts in the field or from their customer service. I signed up for their email notification, like you, at least half a dozen times.

I'll probably just get an Internet account with them and keep BHN for Internet as well so I have some back up. If they require I get TV with them I'll drop the TV portion of my BHN and get a TV package with them. Just their basic package though. As it stands Verizon FIOS has fallen way behind in HD channels, even though they have the capacity. I am very happy with DirecTV right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)