Any install tips for 1000.4 sat? I'm having trouble....

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
HI All,
I just got a 722 and a 1000.4 dish. I am in the Detroit area and set the dish up as my retailer suggested. Skew at 78 (Itthink thats what it was) and elevation at 39. He suggested running the single line to the 61.5 slot transponder 29, tuning it, then doing a check switch and all other birds should come in. Problem is I only see 61.5 (at 71 signal level)and nothing else. Ran out of light before I could try and tune other birds but I'm looking for the best way to tune this dish.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

Maybe I'll try the foil trick and be sure I'm getting 61.5 through the correct LNB and give it another shot.

I just installed this dish a few weeks back.

I'd cover 72 and 61 with foil then aim for 77, depending on how tight the mast cramp is you will most likely need to increase your elevation past what is listed. Once I found 77 I then uncovered the other two and ran a check switch. If you come up with all three tighten the mast clamp decrease elevation to about the suggested angle and fine tune.

This worked for me after a first nights brain cloud when I couldn't figure out why I had one or two sats but not three.

foil trick worked. Signal is lower than what I'm used to though. I get an average of 60 across all birds. I'll assume thats normal with the new sw.
Thanks!!
Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)