Any interesting offers from Adelphia??

subdude, you have to say the magic words, that you are a DBS subscriber thinking of switching to Adelphia... ;)

Is Adelphia's HD quality worth paying the price for?? That is a question i should of added to my last posting on this thread.... I know if it sucks i can dump them right away since hopefully i won't have to lock into a contract or do i?? But its been well over a year and a half since i have had adelphia and their HD channels and quality was ok then i guess, but so used to Voom's HD watching Adelphia's HD might make me puke on myself if i watch it.. But just want to know who is watching Adelphia's HD right now and how do you think the quality stacks up next to Voom?? Is it worth it? And also to add 1 last thing another reason i am kinda holding out is because i want to see who gets Voom's 21 exclusive HD channels because honestly thats where i think i will be, word is there probably going to Dish and should be a final soon...Oh and how are the channels looking that aren't in HD on your T.V.'s you current Adelphia customers? Are you getting alot of screen lag, pixelation on analog and supposed digital channels?

From what I can tell, Adelphia's pricing and HD offers are totally inconsistent. I called 4 times and was quoted 4 difference prices. Bottom line is I finally talked to a supervisor and I am now getting the Gold Plus Pak (2 premiums, HD Tier, 3 HD DVRs, Internet and all Digital Cable junk) for $126.75 plus tax for 12 months. In addition, I am being given the other 2 premiums free for 6 months and, according to my estimates, the supervisor quoted me a price which is $9 to low.

Anyway, good luck and make sure you take notes and request that the CSR note the price quote in your account. Adelphia sucks...but unfortunately they are the High Definition Leader in my area. :no

I am new to this so please don't blame me if it is in wrong forum. Does anybody know if comcast joined HD Lite club yet like D and E have done? I am currently E
and V customer and looking for options.

Thank you very much :)

Ilya said:
subdude, you have to say the magic words, that you are a DBS subscriber thinking of switching to Adelphia... ;)

Unfortunately I did make sure to mention that I was a satellite customer currently but it didn't seem to make any difference. I've called Adelphia twice and I've gotten some different answers each time so I will likely call again and again until I get a better deal. Like others I'm also going to try to hold out until the last minute to find out where the Voom 21 channels or at least WorldSport might end up.

The MONSTER and Kung Fu channel i liked.. Of course not everything that played on those channels were great movies but they do play occsional hits that made it worth them playing rerun's of crap movies.. lol... And that sounds smart Subdude i think i am just going to keep calling like you, i think i could definetely make a CSR budge in the price is i can get a Lady Customer Service Rep because i am a very smooth talker, smart guy that likes mind games lol... But being smart and friendly to a dude Customer Service Rep from adelphia doesn't get you anywhere lol, already found that out... OH Sub did you see in another thread about another X voom customer who went to Adelphia and said he received a $250.00 flyer saying come back to cable rebate...? I am thinking about giving that a whirl.. if i can get that rebate and talk them into free install its a deal...! lol.....

I was quoted for the high end package(I think it was platnium) approx $79.00 a month with 1 hd dvr and 1 digital box and ALL the hd they offer.....now the catch was, I pay either the installer $102 and change when they install it OR a sign a 1 year contract and and nothing comes outta pocket until my 1st month bill. Go figure....

Subdude, I always like to get a line item listing of what I am paying for and, as I mentioned, the CSRs generally don't know how to add up HD service pricing so I always take their name and CSR number and have the information noted in my account. Here is my deal:

Classic Cable $24.95 (Basic and Expanded) - prices is for 12 mo. then $45.95
Gold Advantage Pak $62 - regular price (Digital Basic, Digital Plus, 2 Premiums, and 4Mb Internet)
1st HD DVR $7.95 - regular price
2nd HD DVR $10.95 - includes $3 additional digital outlet charge
3rd HD DVR $10.95 - includes $3 additional digital outlet charge
HD Tier $5.00 - INHD1&2, HDNet&Moves, ESPNHD
DVR Service Fee $4.95
-----------------------
Grand Total $126.75

Note: Technically, I should be charged a DVR Service Fee for each outlet (extra $9), but even the supervisor doesn't understand their HD billing policies. This is the price I was quoted and this is the price I will pay. Also, because of my being told 4 different prices, I was given the other 2 premium packages free of charge for 6 months. *ABC, CBC, FOX and NBC are passed in the clear. HD Premiums: HBO, SHO, STRZ and MAX. Local office is ready to go live with PBS, DiscoveryHD and ESPN2...but are having a bandwidth issue.

I HATE Adelphia and find it hard to recommend them to my worst enemy! However, with VOOM out of the picture they are the best source of HD in the area. I plan to keep them until another someone can provide more HD, MPEG-4 and a low-cost HD DVR.

Good Luck!

prostar digital called me today and made me an offer i need to think of now, install directv with 2 reg receivers and 1 high def rec, will cost me 275 for the receiver though, and total choice premier for 3 months free, still debating whether to go with directv now or adelphia, because adelphia still has more to offer, with high def programming, but no dvrs yet

Well Adelphia has far more Hd channels... 13 in my Area compared to direct's what 7 or so... But still waiting for someone to say how the HD quality is on Adelphia these days??

SpringsGuy said:
Well Adelphia has far more Hd channels... 13 in my Area compared to direct's what 7 or so... But still waiting for someone to say how the HD quality is on Adelphia these days??
Over here they are sending 3 HD channels per QAM, 38Mb/3, for about 12-13Mb per. The PQ was comparible to VOOM, but certainly not as good as OTA. INHD1 and INHD2 had the best PQ and content...much better than the HDNets IMO.

salsadancer7 said:
Shaun-Ohio....Adelphia offered ME a HD DVR....wouldn't it be the same anywhere Adelphia is offered?
From what I can tell, Adelphia's cable plants, offerings and pricing are all over the place; very inconsistent. They built and acquired a few state of the art headends, but also acquired a number of antiquated Mom & Pop Cable Co. and then went bankrupt.

Yep. Adelphia is a perfect example of how a cable company should not be run. It really burns me that they are my best option right now.

*sigh* I've just come to find out that not only is adelphia my *cough* best *choke* option for HD, but they may be my only option. Condo board has temporarily put the kibosh on any new satellite installations.

No wonder I woke up in such a bad mood today. This is a sad sad day in the life of lostcause. Dammit voom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostcause said:
Condo board has temporarily put the kibosh on any new satellite installations.
If you have a patio or a balcony in your exclusive use, condo board cannot prohibit dish installation there. This would be illegal. Search the forum - there are links to FCC regulations about that.

Yep, I'm aware of the FCC regs. Unfortunately, if I put a dish in my patio the LOS is blocked by a very large and annoying tree. :(

Well, I had Adelphia installed along with 3 HD DVRs an hour ago - I had everything ready so the installer was in and out in 15 minutes. PQ looks comparable to VOOM, but certainly not the 39 HD channels and all the terrific VOOM21 programming we love so much. Ugh! Anyway, we can now timeshift and watch a lot of programming we don't get an opportunity to see. I am certainly looking forward to watching Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien in HD.