grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
Hi,
Does anyone use ITVN?
Is it a good service?
How fast a broadband line do you need for a decent picture?
Any pro's and con's?
Any comments?

I am only really looking at it for getting Setanta sports - I can't get a dish in my area

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

A few of us here use it, including Scott. Its pretty cool, I have the adult package and starz. I have a fairly standard cable connection and it works fine. It looks like standard def Dish programming for the most part. I'm happy with it but I got a good deal, check ebay there was a guy selling some pre authorized boxes for $99, you would still have to pay for Setanta sports but its still a good deal.

The also announced NBC Universal content in December, 2006. It never showed up.

Also, their '100's of live tv channels...more added monthly', is one channel for years now. MavTV

But for $99/year, I will live with it

Need info

Hi Guys, I just bought an XTV reciever and I was wondering if this is the same reciever as ITVN and therefore is the programming the same as shown on ITVN. I also need advice on the best type of router to use with this reciever.

Hi Guys, I just bought an XTV reciever and I was wondering if this is the same reciever as ITVN and therefore is the programming the same as shown on ITVN. I also need advice on the best type of router to use with this reciever.
Yes they are the same unit. XTV is the original name.
I use a Linksys WRT54G router. I have my ITVN hard lined to the router not sure if you can use wireless.

Well the wife and I gave them another try over the last month and guess what, we are canceling it again. There is never anything new and thus the cost is a total rip off. We might keep it at $12.95 - 14.95 and the current pace of adding new material. BUT not now! Here is hoping the new onwner runs a much better ship.

Will a ITVN receiver be compatible with what Sky Angel will be offering this/next year? If so I can sign up for the $10 package and get a free box then subscribe to Sky Angel when it comes out. If it's not compatible then I'll have to buy a Sky Angel box too and be stuck with ITVN box.

Jim

Hey, that's a good one- XTV & Sky Angel out of the same box! For the undecided? :haha