Any long Memorial Day weekend FTA projects?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is quite a stack, Iceberg!

too bad they aren't digital ones. I think I have more analog receivers there than there are analog channels left. ;)

Picked them up from a company who had them laying around. Its kinda a blast from the past with the label on them. They were mainly used as a G5 setup (125W) back when G5 was the big satellite for subscription programming. Its cool to see labels on them like
WTBS G5 6V
CNN G5 5H
HBO G5 15H
TNN G5 18V (Spike TV)
WGN G5 7H
TBN G5 3H
FAMILY G5 11H (ABC Family)

One of the VCII boards has "ESPN Blackout" on a piece of tape covering the battery

This one is weird
MOVIE CH G5 14V
Everything I find on the archive shows ESPN2 at G5 TP14 since like 1999 so that must really be old

What does April 1st have to do with anything? I'm confused.
And I'm flabbergasted that anyone would haul home 20 (?) rack mount analog receivers! - :eek:

Of course, if they'll run a servo, maybe those would make good toys for all the boys who just can't give up their corotors. :rolleyes:

What is most amusing, is the receivers are by Standard Communications!
They're local, and I used to consult for them.
Made a computerized automated two-way radio test & certification system for them.

Wish I'd known they made satellite receivers back then.
I could probably have gotten one. :cool:

So, the $64,000 question is . . . what are ya gonna do with 'em all?

to my american big brother from me and the rest of canada your little brother have a good Memorial Day weekend. , though im not from the usa ill be moving my big 6ft dish not sure whitch sattelite is the best to move it to ? got to find something .seems g 16 is a bit of a bust.dot know if i should in cluded happy in memorial day weekend beacuse of those souldiers who made the supreme sacrifice in the usa and canada .we fought in the ww1 and ww2 and Korea and Afghanistan . have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
I did not have to work today due to more rain yesterday! :rain:

I ended up at a flea market and found a couple more Primestars on the way!

This time I got phone numbers!!! :whoo:

I can remember when this meant girls phone numbers... :up

Look what it's come to! :eek:

It was a couple of hot bikini babes that gave

me their phone numbers for the their "Primestars"! :lie:

Finding the Primestars was the closest thing for me

to being a FTA project this weekend!! :p

And there is nothing wrong with mixing pleasure with pleasure!!! :boink:

Last edited:
Last month I laughed when a coworker purchased a $99 handheld TV/satellite receiver meter and told him that I do the same thing using a 7" LCD monitor, Coolsat 4000 receiver and some power and RF cables.

Last Friday I thought "WOW a 3.5 day weekend to work on my satellite dishes and they want great weather".

My weekend:
Friday: Left work at 11AM, but wife had tasks that she needed help with before she left for the weekend for Girl Scout camp.
Saturday: Searched the house all day for the power adapter that powers the 7" LCD monitor. Found it in the basement at 10:30PM.
Sunday: Where is my long extension cord? I gave it to my wife to use at Girl Scout camp. Several hours later I found a shorter extension cord, so that I could at least adjust the dishes on the deck. Where is a power strip to plug in the satellite receiver and monitor? I know I have at least 10 laying around. It is now 11PM and I still didn't find any.
Monday: I go to the store and purchase a cheap power strip. Where is the RF coax I always use to adjust the dishes? After several hours later after having no luck I decide to make another. Now where are those new "F" fittings? I then hear my wife yell "Honey, would you please start the grill for the hamburgers and hot dogs?". Oh well a beautiful weekend wasted.

Now my coworker is laughing at me. I might just have to invest in such a meter to save all the frustration and time wasted.

Welcome to my world. It always takes me 3 days to find everything I need to do a 10 minute job! :rant:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

And I'm flabbergasted that anyone would haul home 20 (?) rack mount analog receivers! - :eek:
because they were FREE and I got some other stuff with it :)

Of course, if they'll run a servo, maybe those would make good toys for all the boys who just can't give up their corotors. :rolleyes:
nope. No servo in them. They're pretty simple and you can tell are designed for a commercial cable TV/sat setup. Very few buttons and fewer options ;)
They output 18v constantly so when I aimed at 99W I got TP17 which is a test card. Turned the LNBF 90 degrees and got Shepherds Chapel

So, the $64,000 question is . . . what are ya gonna do with 'em all?

dont know yet. Have to go through to see if they work and go from there. I didnt know how many there were and we just started loading them in the truck with some other stuff. Got home and found out there were 20 of them and most had boards in them (all the boards are from 92)

My holiday weekend is going on it's second week now. The first week and a half was for the family and travelling through Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas. Hard to believe I had to go to Dallas to cool off. I'm back at home now and my wife was shocked to finally notice the mount and pole I installed on my deck over two months ago for one of my WSI 6' specials. I plan on installing the WSI 6' special in the next 2 days and look forward to some C-Band finally. It will be a fixed dish until I can find a motor at the right price. If I can find the right kind of channels on C-band that appeal to her, then I might be able to proceed with my next project, the 10' KTI I have stored in the toolshed. I have full dis-assembly pictures for the KTI that I will share when I start playing with that one.

Because it took the entire 3 day Memorial Day weekend to find the parts needed to adjust my dishes I now am ready to begin my projects this weekend. They want beautiful weather here in Western PA, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

My 15 year old daughter will also be going on her first date this weekend, so I probably should clean the shotgun. :)

Because it took the entire 3 day Memorial Day weekend to find the parts needed to adjust my dishes I now am ready to begin my projects this weekend. They want beautiful weather here in Western PA, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

My 15 year old daughter will also be going on her first date this weekend, so I probably should clean the shotgun. :)
I feel ya pain, Bro! :haha

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)