new setup of C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hogie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
upstate NY
I had a BUD setup years ago but my wife wanted it out of the yard so, I took it down....

Now, she is gone and I am purchasing another setup. Getting a used 10' dish and pole for $200 and can get a 922 for $150. I figure this is not bad. The guy will program the 922 for me. (sat installer)

I need to get my hole dug and set my pole. I am not sure where this dish was parked when shut down. How hard will it be for me to get it set up? I wont have it til next month but want to get ready for it. I have a Sky Peaker Trio to help locate sats. I want to try to do this myself since I am trying to save money. (I had to scrape to get the setup!)

I plan on not bricking the receiver. Will prolly do the pick ten on X4 but want the option of being about to track other sats for FTA.

So, what am I looking at????

Oh, I forgot to mention that it has KU also. So, it has a dual feedhorn.

So, what am I looking at???? Put the dish in a location where you have the greatest clear blue sky from the SE horizon to the SW horizon. To add FTA, I'd recommend a SSO (Sathawk, Solomend, Openbox S9-S10) It does it all except 4.2.2 video. Lots of extra enjoyment there. Have you browsed the 4DTV section? They can answer all your 922 questions there. TvroPro has worked a lot at keeping the 4DTV receivers non-bricked. Since you have time, take a look at the Bud Manual When you run into a problem installing the dish, I know there's help here. Another site to look at is Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to check where your dish will be pointing for a particular sat. and another is North & South America - LyngSat and The List for the FTA channels available. Welcome to satelliteguys!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)