Any Memorial Day Weekend FTA Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Last weekend I attached an additional C band LNBF to my 6' dish to receive both Galaxy 17 (center feed) and Galaxy 16 (additional feed) with some success.

Because only Reelz interests me on Galaxy 17 this weekend I'm going to make Galaxy 16 the primary center feed and attach two additional C band feeds to gain access to Galaxy 17 (left feed) and Anik F1R (right feed). I'm also adding an additional dish to my dish farm.

Going to take down dad's 10 foot Winegard and after a fresh coat of John Madden approved ACE gray primer it will be in place of the Perfect10 at my place. The P10 has some wear and I've already had to repair a couple holes, but man it sucks in the signal. It will also be nice to have a spare polar mount and a few year old Von Weise on the shelf.

Hoping to also figure out why occassionally the Vbox will be in the wrong position. It shows the correct number on the counter, but it is definitely not in the same position. I have replaced the Vbox and also the actuator due to other circumstances...guess the only thing left is the cable run....which means I should also check that ground connection.

Hope everyone has a safe, fun weekend.

No fta but going down to helpa friend setup his new home theater receiver to his big screen tv. He got it for Christmas, lol, and still hasn't tried to tackle it! Well, he hates wiring things, and I look at it like a challenge, personally I could never have let a new piece of electronics sit in the box that long without giving it some kind of try. Said his old one quit working right, so he just uses the speakers in the tv, hehe.

Priority one here is to replace my air conditioner which has a bad compressor. 90+ degree heat is suffocating inside without that unit.

If there is time after that is done, I might put a 1.2 meter dish up for 103W (Summer Olympics)...

Trade you! I have an air conditioner I can not use .. but I sure could use a little warm air. 53 inside. Still snow in the hills, and we are on top of the hill! The snow blows off the top, so none right here.

Will try to get at least one more dish pointed this weekend, but need to keep building and get the living quarters livable. Need to run another 100 feet or so of #10 wire pair for the 12 VDC! Got to have (and wire for) at least 2 of the new microHD before winter sets in.

I would love to setup tinker , play around with FTA this weekend but i'm in Maryland and all my stuff is in Arkansas
might drive around and look 4 dishes :) I'll take a rope in case i fine a few strays that need rounding up :)

Last weekend I attached an additional C band LNBF to my 6' dish to receive both Galaxy 17 (center feed) and Galaxy 16 (additional feed) with some success.

Because only Reelz interests me on Galaxy 17 this weekend I'm going to make Galaxy 16 the primary center feed and attach two additional C band feeds to gain access to Galaxy 17 (left feed) and Anik F1R (right feed). I'm also adding an additional dish to my dish farm.

Putting up my first c band in about an hour and am going to try to cram it with as many lnb as possible. Once that's done, I'll take the vette out and get sideways with it.

I would love to setup tinker , play around with FTA this weekend but i'm in Maryland and all my stuff is in Arkansas
might drive around and look 4 dishes :) I'll take a rope in case i fine a few strays that need rounding up :)

well craigslist is your friend :) since i'm stuck up in the Baltimore area (Their Training me to be a Raven's Fan) I thought i'ld go dish hunting .... hunting in the big city is different than the country back roads of arkansas...

IMG_0128.JPGIMG_0129.JPGIMG_0130.JPGIMG_0131.JPG

Trade you! I have an air conditioner I can not use .. but I sure could use a little warm air. 53 inside. Still snow in the hills, and we are on top of the hill! The snow blows off the top, so none right here.

Do I wish it was 53 inside here! LOL... It must literally be near 100 inside my house right now, which can't be good for equipment or media, both of which I have a ton of...

This is the first Saturday I've had off this month. Worked 14 hours yesterday to get things done so we could have a 3 day weekend. Only 62 hours this week, been running 68 to 70. Doesn't leave much time for ANYTHING else!

Not so much FTA but I am going to try to get things hooked up so I can get the Dish Welcome pack. I've got the a 211K and Dish 500.

Question about getting it into the house. Can I hook the 110/119 LNBs to my FTA Disecq switch, come into the house on the line going to my FTA receiver, and then use the Loop Out connection to feed the 211?

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've watched anything on the GDMX channels, but I've seen a mix of 4.2.0 and 4.2.2 with 4.2.0 most common. 3820 and 3740. Up now.

just added a ku sidekick to my 6 footer and b1satstack..it's really pumping in the ku signals really good for an offset lnb..i love this mother.

Three additional Galaxy 16 C band questions I need answered:

1) Can the FOX channel KRBK-TV (3720 H) be received with a 6' dish? This channel didn't scan in today.
2) Is EScapes still available at (3783 H)? This channel didn't scan in today.
3) Three channels (Atlantic, News and Sports) scan in at (3927 V) with a low signal around 42%. Are these the televisa feeds or BYU channels bleeding over from Galaxy 19?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts