Any more details on 622 upgrade to own rebate?

Clarification Please

Could someone please summarize what the cost for a 942 to 622 ownership swap will be. I've gotten lost in the 921 versus 942 swap programs, or are they the same? Thanks.

Well, I have a 921 that I paid $1K for. OK, I got some use out of it. Right now, it's worth about...................ZERO!

So, if I buy a 622, get Dish to pay $200 for it, at least the end result will be that I *own* an HD-DVR that is worth something and will hold it's value (I hope) for a while. With this in mind, it seems like a no brainer.

Tom Bombadil said:
A 942 is the best SD DVR out there, and it can pull in OTA HD. ...
How would that work on with a non-HD TV - one that accepts only Composite or S-video or Coax?

In that none of the outputs for TV1 on the 942 are in that format I guess you would have to operate in Single mode and use either the Coax or Composite TV2 output for viewing.

I am currently scheduled for a 622 install on May 1st. They've collected the $299 and I have the RA box to ship them my 942 for the $200 credit. My "main" TV is a 13-year-old 53" Sony XBR "powered" by two 508's. I may opt to keep the 942 and retire the two 508's in favor of the 942. The Sony, however, will not accept a Component input nor HDMI - Composite, coax, or S-video only.

Keeping the 942 works if when I get a new TV later this year and retire the Sony TV the deal still exists where I can get the second 622 by turning in the 942 and receive that $200 credit for so doing.

Mark_AR said:
I called my local installer.

Its on order. Woot!!!:up

And I don't have to pay the $99 install fee. Double Woot!! :D

Would I get the same $200 rebate deal if I bought the 622 from Dishstore.net?

OK, with the Dishstore.net price of $499.00(<--Link), I dropped the order from my local installer.

The local Dish retailer said I was nuts NOT to take the offer since they are still getting charged $regular price$ for them or so they say.

I'm still going to get $200.00 out of my 921. (I just made a deal with a 3rd party) :D

I don't want a D1000, so I can get by with another D500 pointed at 129.

I already have the DP44.

I just don't recall if the box has the HDMI to DVI adapter in the box. If not, I can use component cables for a while.

So far. so good.... :up

I order my 622s from Dishdepot under new price. From the conversation I had with Dish, there is $699+$99(install)+18mo. commitment, then -$200 if I chose to upgrade. It will be the no brainer to get the box on my own. I don't ned D1000 anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts