Any more details on 622 upgrade to own rebate?

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
Are there any more details available on the 622 upgrade to own rebate that begins on 4/19?

Is Dish offering a reduced price on the 622 in addition to the $200 rebate on my 921 or do I buy the 622 from whatever source at the prevailing market price and return the 921 to Dish for $200?

I also have similar questions on upgrading my 811 to own a 211.

Will there be another special phone number or do we continue to use the one established for the 622 upgrade to lease rebate.

I own my existing 921 and 811.

Thanks,

Bob

rjruby said:
Are there any more details available on the 622 upgrade to own rebate that begins on 4/19?

Is Dish offering a reduced price on the 622 in addition to the $200 rebate on my 921 or do I buy the 622 from whatever source at the prevailing market price and return the 921 to Dish for $200?

I also have similar questions on upgrading my 811 to own a 211.

Will there be another special phone number or do we continue to use the one established for the 622 upgrade to lease rebate.

I own my existing 921 and 811.

Thanks,

Bob

Let me pile on to this, too. I have been checking the DISH website, and have e-mailed inquiries about the same issue to them. I refuse to try to talk to a CSR on something that is not yet "ripe." So I, too, would like this info. Please help us, Obi Wan Scott, you're our only hope:)

My call to advanced tech was just answered by a nice english speaking CSR and he knew about the LEASE option, but even after asking another 'higher-up', they don't seem to have any idea about any April 19, 2006 *Purchase Offer*.

!protest !protest !protest

Watching and waiting...

There sure is a lack of interest in this subject.

I thought a lot of people weren't jumping on the "lease" bandwagon and were waiting for the "own" bandwagon to arrive.

Was the April 12th retailer chat incorrect on this program starting tomorrow?

rjruby said:

According to the chat overview...

This post on 4-12-2006 states:

Scott said:
Dish has announce a new plan which starts on April 19th so you can buy a 622 and send in your 921 or 942 and get a $200 credit applied to your account!

I guess we have to wait until tomorrow morning when E*'s computers update to find out.

rjruby said:
There sure is a lack of interest in this subject.

I thought a lot of people weren't jumping on the "lease" bandwagon and were waiting for the "own" bandwagon to arrive.

Some of us are just more patient than others. :hungry: I am just waiting to see what the deal is and also waiting to see where the San Francisco locals will be coming from.
(what satellite) I'm hoping to not have to install a Dish1000 or even a second dish for 129.

Just got off the phone *again* using the special upgrade # provided in another post for 622's.

They have no information on a 921/942 to 622 OWN Upgrade.

Their system indicated that it might happen MAY 1, 2006.

I've got a call in to my local retailer and waiting for a callback.

Finally got the answer directly from Echostar Escalations:

Echostar Escalations said:
Mark,

Thank you for your email. The purchased option for the 622 will be available starting May 1st.

Sincerely,
David
CEO Escalations

So strengthen those dialing fingers for another 12 days peeps!

I already purchased a 622 and kept a leased 942. I would consider purchasing another 622 if E* were to offer a $250 return credit for the leased 942. Not a bad exchange since I would still be purchasing the 622 and locking into 18 months of programming.

Don't expect $250 off any time soon.

We are fortunate to see the $200 rebate as quickly as we have. If you recall, the 921's $999.00 pricetag didn't drop for almost a year.

No guarantee that any credit toward a purchased 622 will be given for a leased 921/942. Early word was that this incentive was going to be only for people trading in owned 921s/942s. But until it is announced, this is speculative.

Mark_AR said:
Just got off the phone *again* using the special upgrade # provided in another post for 622's.

They have no information on a 921/942 to 622 OWN Upgrade.

Their system indicated that it might happen MAY 1, 2006.

I've got a call in to my local retailer and waiting for a callback.

As Ronnie would say: "Now there you go again ..." :devil:

I'm going to offer my 942 to a good friend of mine at $200.00 when I get ready to purchase the next 622. Better than letting E* make more money off my receiver....

No question but that this would be a bum deal for any 921 or 942 owner.

You could trade in a 942 for $200 and pay $699 for a 622 from Dish, for a net cost of $499.

Or you could sell your 942 for $400+ and pay around $650-$675 for a 622 from a Dish retailer, for a net cost of around $250 (or maybe less).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts