Any New Dish customers that recently left Directv??

dsp81

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 31, 2009
UT
But my bill is 147 dollar. That why I think it to much.
For the reciever? The 722 was not free, and neither is the 722K - you have to pay the upgrade fee. But Direct didn't give their HD-DVRs away, either. So I didn't think that it was out there for a DVR. HD TiVo's still cost $299, $147 isn't that much.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
It was $30. Without it, Dish was a no-go. So I ponied up the extra $30. Over the lifetime of the contract, it equates to $1.25/month.
Beats the $50.00 tag for the AM-21, and still only record two programs at once.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Oh boy, Now D* fans will be bragging how 10 people got them for free.
D* and free, sorry never seen that happen.:p
Does not mean it doesnt happen:p

Honestly, I do not know anyone that has actually had to pay for the am-21

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
Oh boy, Now D* fans will be bragging how 10 people got them for free.
D* and free, sorry never seen that happen.:p
And as KAB said "still only record two programs at once".
They can't get around that fact!!!:eek:

Last edited:

azcards4ever

Apr 1, 2009
austin
Just left D* after 12 years; mainly had it for the NFL Ticket, but their customer service made me quit. Looking for a way to hook up into my new rental home; couldn't run extra wires and only 1 RG6 going to each bedroom. D* wouldn't give me SWM technology in the move package, so after 4 reps and no decent answers, I cancelled.

Now watching E* and quite impressed. I'll miss the ticket, but with the HD Turbo deal and also not spending the extra coin, I'm saving a ton.

Well worth the switch!!

azcards4ever

Apr 1, 2009
austin
With my bill being less than $40 a month now, I think I can handle being "lied" to about a couple of HD channels not arriving on a certain date. I'm happy with the switch.

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
If you like getting lied to over and over about when new stuff is coming then by all means switch to Dish.

There are more important things in life (well in mine anyway) than a couple of channels not airing in HD on Dish. I am happy with my dish account and what I am getting for the price I am getting it for, so...

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
There are more important things in life (well in mine anyway) than a couple of channels not airing in HD on Dish. I am happy with my dish account and what I am getting for the price I am getting it for, so...
:bow:bow:bow

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida

:up

it's good to see someone not loose it over something like an HD channel :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)