Any new hardware rumors for Dish?

I did happen to see something not long ago about a new (211Z) to more or less take place of the 211 and 211k. Basically nothing new other then it would be much cheaper to make. No coax output/input, dongle needed fo OTA. Guess it never actually came out?

I'm finally tempted to get a Hopper (possibly w/ Sling) now that OTA modules are available for the Hopper. I just don't want to lease something to have a new DVR come out 2 months later. (I'm okay with a year later.)

Has anyone heard anything about any new hardware?

Normally any new hardware DISH will show off at the Consumer Electronic Show first.;)

TroubleshooterMike said:
I did happen to see something not long ago about a new (211Z) to more or less take place of the 211 and 211k. Basically nothing new other then it would be much cheaper to make. No coax output/input, dongle needed fo OTA. Guess it never actually came out?

It did come out

I had a customer call the other day who got a 211z and wanted me to swap him to a 211k for free.

Had to decline his offer as I didn't want to have used equipment in inventory as its used the second it's removed from the box

Yes I guess they are. But apparently you misunderstood what I am saying.
1. I am told you cannot mix Hopper with any other receiver. If I am wrong please correct me on that because I will be on the phone ordering a Hopper.
2. My requirements are that I need to hook up 4 TV's. So if I pick the Hopper route it would mean I need 1 Hopper and 3 Joey's minimum. Being I am a continuous customer from the 90's I don't see the new customer deals. So I would probably be paying some serious cash even for the minimum hookup. That's cash that I don't really have on a fixed income. And Dish does not do "payments" over a couple of months. I know this because when I wanted the HD Free for Life deal it cost me $99.00 which a nice CSR after much effort got the system to not demand the automatic full payment( it took him a while to get the system to accept it).

So you see unless Dish policy has changed I as a customer cannot financially afford to switch.
3 Wouldn't the 211 and 722 be a step backward for me? Yes I know I can purchase external hard drives and pay the one time $50 fee. But if I don't have the cash for a Hopper where do you figure it will come from for a hard drive and fee.

So there you are, my reasoning behind the either all Hopper or no Hopper statement.

I upgraded from 722 & 612 to 2 Hoppers & 3 Joeys for $100 out of pocket. Install was free with protection plan. Family of 5 and having access to all recordings on all 5 TVs is great. We will not look back. I think the $50 per Hopper upgrade deal for the original Hoppers is still going. HWS is double so if cost is a concern stick with the originals. 2 H/ 2 J setup would probably work great for you. Start saving your pennies!:)

Sounds like a pretty crappy receiver!

According to this post, it does all the same things as the 211k though :-

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...r-the-tailgater-package?p=3084333#post3084333
Oh okay guess I missed that... Sounds like a cheap makeover is all.

It did come out

I had a customer call the other day who got a 211z and wanted me to swap him to a 211k for free.

Had to decline his offer as I didn't want to have used equipment in inventory as its used the second it's removed from the box

Why did he want you to replace the 211z with a 211k?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts