Any new hardware rumors for Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I did happen to see something not long ago about a new (211Z) to more or less take place of the 211 and 211k. Basically nothing new other then it would be much cheaper to make. No coax output/input, dongle needed fo OTA. Guess it never actually came out?

I'm finally tempted to get a Hopper (possibly w/ Sling) now that OTA modules are available for the Hopper. I just don't want to lease something to have a new DVR come out 2 months later. (I'm okay with a year later.)

Has anyone heard anything about any new hardware?

Normally any new hardware DISH will show off at the Consumer Electronic Show first.;)

TroubleshooterMike said:
I did happen to see something not long ago about a new (211Z) to more or less take place of the 211 and 211k. Basically nothing new other then it would be much cheaper to make. No coax output/input, dongle needed fo OTA. Guess it never actually came out?

It did come out

I had a customer call the other day who got a 211z and wanted me to swap him to a 211k for free.

Had to decline his offer as I didn't want to have used equipment in inventory as its used the second it's removed from the box

Yes I guess they are. But apparently you misunderstood what I am saying.
1. I am told you cannot mix Hopper with any other receiver. If I am wrong please correct me on that because I will be on the phone ordering a Hopper.
2. My requirements are that I need to hook up 4 TV's. So if I pick the Hopper route it would mean I need 1 Hopper and 3 Joey's minimum. Being I am a continuous customer from the 90's I don't see the new customer deals. So I would probably be paying some serious cash even for the minimum hookup. That's cash that I don't really have on a fixed income. And Dish does not do "payments" over a couple of months. I know this because when I wanted the HD Free for Life deal it cost me $99.00 which a nice CSR after much effort got the system to not demand the automatic full payment( it took him a while to get the system to accept it).

So you see unless Dish policy has changed I as a customer cannot financially afford to switch.
3 Wouldn't the 211 and 722 be a step backward for me? Yes I know I can purchase external hard drives and pay the one time $50 fee. But if I don't have the cash for a Hopper where do you figure it will come from for a hard drive and fee.

So there you are, my reasoning behind the either all Hopper or no Hopper statement.

I upgraded from 722 & 612 to 2 Hoppers & 3 Joeys for $100 out of pocket. Install was free with protection plan. Family of 5 and having access to all recordings on all 5 TVs is great. We will not look back. I think the $50 per Hopper upgrade deal for the original Hoppers is still going. HWS is double so if cost is a concern stick with the originals. 2 H/ 2 J setup would probably work great for you. Start saving your pennies!:)

Sounds like a pretty crappy receiver!

According to this post, it does all the same things as the 211k though :-

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...r-the-tailgater-package?p=3084333#post3084333
Oh okay guess I missed that... Sounds like a cheap makeover is all.

It did come out

I had a customer call the other day who got a 211z and wanted me to swap him to a 211k for free.

Had to decline his offer as I didn't want to have used equipment in inventory as its used the second it's removed from the box

Why did he want you to replace the 211z with a 211k?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts