Any new Hd Channels due out?

Just had a service call for a phone prob and the tech said they were told in a meeting last week that the Denver area is getting 5 new HD channels this month but they weren't told which ones.--Ray

We're waiting on 5 new ones to show up here in Atlanta. They're available on unexcrypted QAM but haven't shown up on iGuide or tunable through our boxes.

AMC HD
TLC HD
Science HD
Disney HD
ABC Family HD

we're getting 6 more soon!

Hey!

Was told yesterday we're getting 6 more HD channels soon in the Seattle area. First 3 are coming on April 23 ( my b-day:)). They are

Disney HD
ABC Fam HD
Science HD

They weren't sure what the other 3 were going to be yet and when we would get them. Was probably the last week of April or the first couple weeks of May.:hungry: I'm hoping we start getting some more of the Premium Channels in HD, or even MGM HD or Smithsoniun HD

Anyway, finger crossed for bunches more and soon!:D

Eric

I'm getting about as frustrated as the DISH folks with "soon". Comcast promised 22 to be rolled out in April. They added 2 early in the month and then nothing. I've seen the quality degradation from the new compression, and we have lost a few SD channels. Oh yeah, the price went up as well.

I guess they will turn on a bunch on the 30th, but then why crank up the compression now?

In the Salinas/Monterey CA area, we just got AmcHD, FoodHD, SciFiHD, CNNHD and a couple of others as well.

Still waiting for Disney HD and ABC FamilyHD.

I just quit Dish Network, the last of my satellite services as Comcast now has most everything that I watch.

Shelly

Just had a service call for a phone prob and the tech said they were told in a meeting last week that the Denver area is getting 5 new HD channels this month but they weren't told which ones.--Ray

5 more days till the end of the month. Are they just going to wait till the 30th to release them or are we just not going to get any new ones? I guess I can wait longer but I have to wonder what the hold up is. From what I understand the headends and most of the other equipment in my area is pretty up to date.

Just got 3 on Wed (4/23)

Morning!

We got the 3 they told us about. Disney HD, Science HD, And ABC Family HD. Both Disney and Science are GREAT, but ABC is worthless so far. I have yet to see anything in HD on it or anything up converted. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got more, but I'd rather have a channel that actually shows HD.:cool:

Has anyone one heard of any new premiums coming anytime soon? Even MGM HD would be nice!:D

Thxs!

Eric

Still no new HD channel additions here. Dish is really beginning to look appealing. May have to check and see what my total monthly bill would be with Dish & keeping Comcast for phone & internet.

New HD channels in Baltimore:

WGN
Science
Disney
ABC Family

Current lineup:

210 ABC
211 NBC
212 CBS
213 FOX
214 CW
215 MNTV
216 WGN
217 Science
218 AMC
220 PBS
223 A&E
224 National Geographic
225 HD Theater
226 MOJO
227 MHD
228 HBO
229 HGTV
231 Food
232 TBS
233 Cinemax
234 CNN
235 USA
236 Sci-Fi
237 History
238 Showtime
239 Discovery Channel
240 TLC
241 Animal Planet
244 Disney
245 ABC Family
248 Starz
249 TNT
250 Universal
251 Comcast SportsNet
252 ESPN
253 ESPN2
254 Versus/Golf

Comcast to add NBC Olympic package, including CNBC HD and HD soccer and basketball channels.

At press time, Comcast said it will distribute the HD package, including the two stand- alone sports channels, in its Washington D.C. and Baltimore systems, as well as most of its systems in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Connecticut.

NBCU Lights The Distribution Flame Early - BroadcastNewsroom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)