Any new HD Locals yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Probably not until D11 goes up next year.

I was about to ask the same question. I live in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area and am growing tired of watching locals in SD. Heroes, Lost, NFL games, etc... just won't be the same. Hopefully Directv adds my local HD channels soon. If anyone has any inside info please post it here.

Another question, as this is my "boobies" post. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to set up a OTA antenna, what type to get, and I still feel very lost. I am mildly technical but no nothing about antennas unfortunately... Any direction you can point me in would be great.

So, what you are saying is that "no" new cities will get HD locals with this satellite?

Leehound

I wouldn't say none. Just more likely that most will happen with the new sat.

So, what you are saying is that "no" new cities will get HD locals with this satellite?

Leehound

That's been the general consensus, yes. I think it may have even been "officially" stated by D*, but I'm not sure on that.

EDIT: I agree with Ramy - probably "none" is too strong a word, but the next big push will be with D11.

I was about to ask the same question. I live in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area and am growing tired of watching locals in SD. Heroes, Lost, NFL games, etc... just won't be the same. Hopefully Directv adds my local HD channels soon. If anyone has any inside info please post it here.

Another question, as this is my "boobies" post. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to set up a OTA antenna, what type to get, and I still feel very lost. I am mildly technical but no nothing about antennas unfortunately... Any direction you can point me in would be great.

Pete, OK about antennas, i myself have an indoor antenna because of ofcourse directv only provides about 4 local HD channels in my area.. now even before i had directv HD, ive had HDTV in my computer so i used that 1 to view in the computer now i've split that line into 2 more and now it goes to an additional 2 HD receivers and it works great... if you prefer to get into you roof, than outdoor one, but that looks really old school .. but for indoor i use RadioShack.com - Home Entertainment: Accessories: Antennas: Indoor: Indoor VHF/UHF/HDTV Antenna with RF Remote Control

it is $50 from radioshack, easy to set up, signals for all channels are always on the 90% , with it i get about 15 HD local channels, that is ofcourse like channel 2 being 2-1, 2-2, 2-3 , 6-1, 6-2, 7-1, 7-2 and so on.. and many other like it, but definetly more than directv.. and best thing yet that when it rains and signal goes out even on local HD provided by directv you can watch locals with the off air antenna, perfectly fine even during hurricanes, trust me i live in Miami... i have this antenna in one room and split to 2 others.. so its pretty good. and if you have more questions about it, let me know.. one more thing that the VHF/UHF , ok fox and abc are the only channels that transmit in UHF thats y u need the rabbit ears but if its provided by directv and you have those 2 channels you dont need to put them on and all other transmit in VHF so for that is the sleek round plate that turns with the remote 320 degrees.

D*'s own press release say that they will have 75 HD local markets by the end of this year. They only have 61 now. Since D11 won't come online until early next year that means they plan on using D10 for HD local expansion.

DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release

DIRECTV's roll out of local HD channels in Mankato is part of a nationwide expansion of HD programming that includes plans to offer local HD channels in up to 75 markets and up to 100 national HD channels by year end.

This site's own Scobuck has said that more HD locals are coming soon.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1057793-post114.html

From what I have been told from inside El Segundo - within 2-3 weeks there won't even be a debate - D* will be crushing the compettion with its HD offering. The total package - Nationals, Conus RSNs, movie channels, add'l local markets lighting up, and add'l channels WITHIN markets ALREADY lit for HD. Something for everyone it seems.

I'll leave it at that! Let's see just how accurate this is by the end of the month!

Yes, I know all about that, but D10 has had some spotbeam troubles and I didn't want to get anyones hopes up and then them come up mad because it didn't happen.

People ask - I relay the info I get (when I can). I have been told that there will be HD locals being added 'soon'. As seen all of this is subject to immediate change - so don't get your hopes up.

But it is what I am hearing! :cool:

People ask - I relay the info I get (when I can). I have been told that there will be HD locals being added 'soon'. As seen all of this is subject to immediate change - so don't get your hopes up.

But it is what I am hearing! :cool:

I really hope so. Being in DMA #64 I am hoping it comes soon.

I do not know if this channel is on the new satellite or not but I've got a new local 9318( I think, I'm not home now to check). It's WEWS out of Cleveland. I already get the HD channel on 5 but this one is just a black screen. Could it be testing??? Don't know.

I just want my local FOX in HD. The station is owned by LIN TV and they won't settle with DirecTV for carriage. This is BS on LIN's part.

Yes, I know all about that, but D10 has had some spotbeam troubles and I didn't want to get anyones hopes up and then them come up mad because it didn't happen.

The rumor was that the spotbeam troubles were the northwest part of the country. If true that means the spotbeam trouble wouldn't affect nobody else.

The rumor was that the spotbeam troubles were the northwest part of the country. If true that means the spotbeam trouble wouldn't affect nobody else.

Ok, then bring on my locals. :D

I love D* customer service. I called in again to inquire about local hd's in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area and one of the agents actually said I should be getting them. I was very skeptical but she assured me that we were. She was even going to set up a TC before placing me on hold for 17 minutes without returning. So I called again and this time I got a Philippino agent who also told me that the HD locals were indeed available in my area. I was still skeptical and I continued to ask her to look again and informed her I do have locals but just not in HD, and she still said yes they should be in HD. So after 35 minutes of troubleshooting she apologizes and tells me they are not available... I knew it was coming. Eh, I got Starz free for 3 months out of the deal... Should have asked for more though...

Anyway, still waiting for my local HD's. I know as soon as I install an antenna Directv will have them up the next day...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts