any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In the past 3 week Dish Network has uplinked over 100 HD channel. Sure the majority of them are local channels but they are STILL HD channels.

So to me Dish DID make good on adding a lot of HD channels in April.
Scott you are losing what little credibility you have left if you are saying you didn't predict NATIONAL HD.
I can post the links.
Be a man, say your inside sources have let you down and you won't trust them again. Case closed. Don't revise history and say you said or meant something you didn't.

And we are proud of you and what you have accomplished here, Scott. Don't let "those having tantrums" get to you.
I don't even sweat it anymore. :)

I can't wait to meet the other SatelliteGuys members this month in Nashville. I can't wait to share some of the thing that have gone on this month that I can't post here. Its funny to see how this all works. :D

One example is all I am asking for.
What is the matter with your brain? The very post you quote when you first asked this question was spot on. (There was in fact no new national HD by May 1, as his source stated.) This was just one rumor, among many, that Scott has gotten right.

For all I know, there have been several posts since I started this email - darn work keeps getting in the way!

Earlier in April, Scott received an "internal" Dish document saying USA and SciFi would launch the next day. Scott presented this info. Later (the same day?), discussing with another Dish contact, he was told the one hour later Dish internal document did not have USA and SciFi on them. Scott provided a new thread where he discussed the issue and that is was possible that they would not be available the next day. Turned out the 2nd document was correct. Later in the thread, both docs were made available, as I recall.

Is this a case of Scott being right "once"; not sure; guess it depends on each person. Is there any definitive proof that Scott really received either of these documents as Dish internal documents - probably not as we all know documents and email can be manipulated to appear to be genuine. Do I want more HD - yes. Does my HD world revolve around what Scott says about HD - NO! Ultimately, I have to decide, do I want to participate in this site.

I enjoy the site.

Scott, maybe you should start an offical "RUMOR' thread. :)

Scott you are losing what little credibility you have left if you are saying you didn't predict NATIONAL HD.
I can post the links.
Be a man, say your inside sources have let you down and you won't trust them again. Case closed. Don't revise history and say you said or meant something you didn't.

No I wont say that. As they have been good.

Let me see how I can post this one without giving away my source...

One of my sources contacted me and told me that USA and SCIFI were coming on Wednesday (the week before they actually launched) Wednesday came and so did the uplink and no USA and SCIFI.

I got a little PO'ed so I called him in his office and asked him where USA and SCIFI were, his answer was that they launched a few minutes ago.

I told him "no they did not check for yourself."

His reply was "what the F*"

Now I am not going to name this contact, but he is really high up in the company and would know. But it seems as though some departments at Dish do not communicate like they should.

Again if you don't like rumors being posted, then I am sorry to see you go. PM me and I can provide you with the URL to another site where mindless trolls who dont report anything that is until they have a press release in hand.

For all I know, there have been several posts since I started this email - darn work keeps getting in the way!

Earlier in April, Scott received an "internal" Dish document saying USA and SciFi would launch the next day. Scott presented this info. Later (the same day?), discussing with another Dish contact, he was told the one hour later Dish internal document did not have USA and SciFi on them. Scott provided a new thread where he discussed the issue and that is was possible that they would not be available the next day. Turned out the 2nd document was correct. Later in the thread, both docs were made available, as I recall.

Is this a case of Scott being right "once"; not sure; guess it depends on each person. Is there any definitive proof that Scott really received either of these documents as Dish internal documents - probably not as we all know documents and email can be manipulated to appear to be genuine. Do I want more HD - yes. Does my HD world revolve around what Scott says about HD - NO! Ultimately, I have to decide, do I want to participate in this site.

I enjoy the site.

Scott, maybe you should start an offical "RUMOR' thread. :)

What Scott really wanted to say was:

"I'll tell you one [expletive] thing. I hope my predictions get [expletive] hotter than [expletive] so I can stuff it up them 3,000 [expletive] people that log on and complain every [expletive] day, because if they're the real Satelliteguys [expletive] fans, they can kiss my [expletive] [expletive] right online and POST IT.

"They're really, really behind you around here … my [expletive] [expletive]. What the [expletive] am I supposed to do, go out there and let my [expletive] contacts get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the [expletive] new HD people who turn up? The [expletive] don't even work. That's why they're logging on at[expletive] noon. They oughta go out and get a [expletive] job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a [expletive] living. Eighty-five percent of the [expletive] world is working. The other 15 log on here. A [expletive] playground for the [expletive].

"Rip them [expletive]. Rip them country [expletive] like my [expletive] contacts. We got staff memebers busting their [expletive] [expletive], and them [expletive] people complain. And they're Pub Members? My [expletive] [expletive]. They talk about the great [expletive] support that insider contacts get around here. I haven't seen it this [expletive] year.

"The name of the game is uplink the channel, test it out and make the [expletive] available. Right now, Dish has more local HD than they have national. The [expletive] changes that have happened in the Dish Network organization are multifold. All right, they don't show because we've only got 3 new national HD channels. And unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb 15 [expletive] percent that log on to complain. The other 85 percent are earning a living.

"It'll take more than 3 national HD channels to destroy the makeup of this site. I guarantee you that. There's some [expletive] members out there that wanna [expletive] subscribe to this site. But you're stuck in a [expletive] stigma of [expletive] DBSTalk and AVS Forum and all that cheap [expletive].

"All these [expletive] posts about FoxNewsHD and [expletive] … ah … ESPN NewsHD and all that [expletive] it's sickening. It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening [expletive] situation we're in right now. 3 New HD channels doesn't negate that work. We've got eight [expletive] months left.

"What I'm tryin' to say is, don't rip them [expletive] insider contacts. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my [expletive] [expletive]. But don't rip them [expletive] guys 'cause they're giving everything they can give. And once they hit that [expletive] groove, it will flow. And it will flow. The channels are there. I don't know how to make it any clearer to you. I'm frustrated. I'll guarantee you I'm frustrated. It'd be different if I logged on to this site every day at 8:30 and saw a bunch of guys that didn't tell me [expletive]. They tell me [expletive]. And it's a tough Satellite market. It's a tough service provider market period."

elia_m.jpg

;)

One of my sources contacted me and told me that USA and SCIFI were coming on Wednesday (the week before they actually launched) Wednesday came and so did the uplink and no USA and SCIFI.

I got a little PO'ed so I called him in his office and asked him where USA and SCIFI were, his answer was that they launched a few minutes ago.

Now I am not going to name this contact, but he is really high up in the company and would know. But it seems as though some departments at Dish do not communicate like they should.

Again if you don't like rumors being posted, then I am sorry to see you go. PM me and I can provide you with the URL to another site where mindless trolls who dont report anything that is until they have a press release in hand.

Sound like Charlie himself since youself a couple times have said it's like he doesn't know what's going on in his company in the past.;)

In the past 3 week Dish Network has uplinked over 100 HD channel. Sure the majority of them are local channels but they are STILL HD channels.

Understand I am not making excuses for Dish, I personally think they were dumb not to launch USA and SCIFI when they first uplinked them last year. Why did they sit on them so long? The issue has never been space as the space was clearly available. The holdback also had nothing to do with AMC14 as these channels were uplinked so long ago on the 110 satellite.

I am proud of SatelliteGuys and I am proud of where we are headed. :)

I too hope someone finds out why they sat on USA and SciFi for so long. Not knowing what's going on is the biggest problem, IMHO.

Keep it up, Scott. Post what you hear, let the chips fall where they may, and tell all the b*stards to pound sand.

I love rumors and I enjoy gossip, especially about HD programing . Its a challenge to look for the the truth and educate myself. With the information that Scott and this forum provides, my knowledge base and home entertainment value keeps growing.

This is a great site, Don't change anything.

I too hope someone finds out why they sat on USA and SciFi for so long. Not knowing what's going on is the biggest problem, IMHO.

Just think about those of us in Alaska who still have the call to subscribe screen on USA and SciFi HD in the guide with no way to add the channels or get information on whats going on.

If anyone does not like what Scott does please go to DBSTALK.com. If you did you more than likely will be banned and back in this forum within two months. I like the fact that scott lets everyone post. Unlike that other site he does not pull your post if he disagree with it.

Scott this is a great forum because you do not try and make this place what you think it should be, you let everyone post(including this whiner--I love to whine before a good meal)

As most of you can see I don't post that often. I read the boards 2 to 3 times a day and have been doing so for a long time. I only post when I feel the need to make a comment or ask a question that I need the answer for and you guys have been great on answering them for me. Scott and this site is the best site for the type information we can have on here PERIOD. Scott has posted what he said were rumors when he was posting them and for the most part they have come true. I say to Scott keep up the good work and as for those who think they can bad mouth someone who is letting them view the site for free SHAME on you. Enough is enough so lets see what happens next and hopefully everyone will love what happens and for those of us who don't better luck next time.

You left out the best part.

Tell us about the next week when you said we wouldn't get them because the "contract has NOT been signed" inside information you got.

As far as having a press release in hand; that would make sense for you to do until you actually get a correct prediction under your belt.

I'm not sure why you are attacking Scott, dslate69. He is only trying to bring you the information he gets.

I will say, however, that I remember that at minimum Scott insinuated a lot of national HD by the end of April, not locals. Either way, I can't fault him as he is only trying to bring us the info he receives.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)