any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott you are losing what little credibility you have left if you are saying you didn't predict NATIONAL HD.
I can post the links.
Be a man, say your inside sources have let you down and you won't trust them again. Case closed. Don't revise history and say you said or meant something you didn't.

Damn. Do a just a little research and you will find out just how respected Scott is in this industry.

If anyone does not like what Scott does please go to DBSTALK.com. If you did you more than likely will be banned and back in this forum within two months. I like the fact that scott lets everyone post. Unlike that other site he does not pull your post if he disagree with it.

Scott this is a great forum because you do not try and make this place what you think it should be, you let everyone post(including this whiner--I love to whine before a good meal)
Nice contradictory post. You go to DBSTALK if you don't like my post. If I get banned for telling the truth so be it. There is no need for everyone to post thanking Scott for all the great work, great site and all the charity work he does. All I am asking for is an example of a correct before the fact inside post. There is not one, so don't get defensive and start being a character witness for him as it is irrelevant.

Damn. Do a just a little research and you will find out just how respected Scott is in this industry.
I am not writing a paper on the guy. I made an observation that he has never corectly posted inside information before the fact. And yours is another irrelevant post that could not give me one example.

Next character witness, please.

I was at DBSTALK and got banned, believe if you made the same post their as you did here you would be banned and your post will be gone, only the first two would remain. This is a great site because your post are allowed and everyone can view them. I guess folks who came here from DBSTALK feel greatfull that they can post without any fears of getting E-Mails that treat you like a law breaker.

I am not writing a paper on the guy. I made an observation that he has never corectly posted inside information before the fact. And yours is another irrelevant post that could not give me one example.

lol. Like I said do a little research.

Who told us last year about the History Channel hd, Animal Planet hd, Tlc hd, MHD, VS/Golf hd, Discovery hd before Dish did. Take a wild guess.

Do a little research!!

Nice contradictory post. You go to DBSTALK if you don't like my post. If I get banned for telling the truth so be it. There is no need for everyone to post thanking Scott for all the great work, great site and all the charity work he does. All I am asking for is an example of a correct before the fact inside post. There is not one, so don't get defensive and start being a character witness for him as it is irrelevant.

James Long, welcome to SatelliteGuys.us!!

:welcome

DB2, your post #148 (shown previously in this thread) is funny. Not as funny as the coach who said "chew my a** out, don't get on my player who's just doing his job." But funny.

And for the person who wants surety on predictions, go to Google, set up your computer for constant search, and be the first to report on the press releases. Good gravy.

Fitzie

I know Dish is currently testing ESPNNEWS HD, TOON DISNEY HD and DISNEY HD and I have heard that these channels could be here as soon as Friday (although I personally wouldn't expect to see them before next Friday since the testing just started on them)

If you are a fan of any of those three channel you will be happy, but if your not your going to gripe that they are wasting space by adding crap.

I posted a list in the Uplink Center thread of the top shows on US TV, and they were all FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS. Then someone said "well that list obviously doesn't take into account cabel channels", which was wrong, so I posted the top cable channels shows, which start at about half the viewership of the 20th broadcast network show.

From the list, it is clear that:

- Most viewership of HD programming is on the 4 broadcast networks, and that is why E* launched over 60 HD broadcast network channels in April.

- USA-HD, TNT-HD and ESPN-HD lead the cable channels by a wide margin. That's why USA-HD was one of the 3 channels added (SciFi-HD comes with USA-HD as a package deal from the same supplier).

- Disney is easily the most viewed among the remaining channels, so it seems clear that launching Disney-HD next would make the most sense, objectively speaking.

Furthermore:

It seems that most of you have never worked for a corporation of any size. This is clear from the comments about how an executive could not know when something will happen.

For more information on that, I highly recommend:

Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website with Scott Adams' color strips, Dilbert animation, mashups and more!

Ah, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Eastern Arc?

It has been widely published and rumored that NBCU is putting tremendous amount of pressure to allocate slates for USA-HD, CNBC+, and Bravo-HD because of coming olympics. NBCU has enjoyed success with USA winning past 15 weeks as the #1 cable network. NBCU put pressure to get E* contract to carry these channels. Well, the end result was finally getting USA-HD, SCI-FI-HD, and the Chiller (low viewership and poor ratings). Unclear whether Bravo-HD is coming in near month. Something happened inside E* because NBCU was ready. You can not hold one man accountable when he is not inform accurate information. We will probably never know why E* uplinked channels for several months before releasing. I do not believe Charlie would intentionally embarrass himself to have a SCI-FI star come on the show plus promote Bravo show on Charlie Chat. Hell, it is numbers game. DBStalk members were saying the same thing. It is difficult to do business with E*, but they are #3 in paid subscribers. NBCU wanted the business.

Where's my bashing dslate? I've said a few predictions that didn't make the schedule. Things get delayed and that is the name of this type of business.

You should go to the other websites that don't acknowledge the channels until there is a press release the week after.

Scott doesn't make this stuff up as I also get some of the same rumors in my inbox. Do I get excited and want to release them to you guys? Do I wait? I sure as hell try to so I can attempt to at least confirm from a second source so I don't have to hear the whining when it doesn't come true. It's a hard line to draw...release or don't release and listen to people cry that we did not release it. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

So enjoy the rumor mill and chalk them up as so. I for one can verify the Scott is NOT making stuff up just for traffic....but who am I? :)

Enjoy your evening.

It's really hard to believe that this discussion is about something as non-essential as television. People are heated to the point of attacking others based upon what they say or don't say. Seems kinda foolish, huh?

Where's my bashing dslate? I've said a few predictions that didn't make the schedule. Things get delayed and that is the name of this type of business.

You should go to the other websites that don't acknowledge the channels until there is a press release the week after.

Scott doesn't make this stuff up as I also get some of the same rumors in my inbox. Do I get excited and want to release them to you guys? Do I wait? I sure as hell try to so I can attempt to at least confirm from a second source so I don't have to hear the whining when it doesn't come true. It's a hard line to draw...release or don't release and listen to people cry that we did not release it. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

So enjoy the rumor mill and chalk them up as so. I for one can verify the Scott is NOT making stuff up just for traffic....but who am I? :)

Enjoy your evening.
I don't mind everyone getting upset and proving their loyalty to Scott by giving testimonials and knocking me around (if thats what you call some of these middle school slams with no links).
I appreciate your post and I appreciate Scott's posts on what has and is going on. I really don't believe either of you would post lies for page hits; that was a bit of a "come and get me" call to all the 4th grade character witnesses.
You can interpret my posts as bashing if you like, I consider them more a kin to a passenger letting everyone on the bus know the driver is asleep at the wheel. Hopefully I haven't posted anything that wasn't true and maybe in the future Scott or yourself won't be as quick to post a unconfirmed rumor from your local installer.
This is my last post (at least for the day ;) ) on the subject.
Hopefully you guys that run this site will get together and agree that accuracy is more important than speed.

I don't mind everyone getting upset and proving their loyalty to Scott by giving testimonials and knocking me around (if thats what you call some of these middle school slams with no links).
I appreciate your post and I appreciate Scott's posts on what has and is going on. I really don't believe either of you would post lies for page hits; that was a bit of a "come and get me" call to all the 4th grade character witnesses.
You can interpret my posts as bashing if you like, I consider them more a kin to a passenger letting everyone on the bus know the driver is asleep at the wheel. Hopefully I haven't posted anything that wasn't true and maybe in the future Scott or yourself won't be as quick to post a unconfirmed rumor from your local installer.
This is my last post (at least for the day ;) ) on the subject.
Hopefully you guys that run this site will get together and agree that accuracy is more important than speed.
I like things the way they are on this site. Its an adventure. I prefer the adventure to waiting for a press release from E* or to waiting until after a channel is made available. I could check my EPG every 10 minutes for that. The drama is part of the fun. If you're being slammed, its because you're being impolite/hostile, not merely because people are sticking up for Scott.

Can someone tell me again why some of these idiots care what Scott posts on this site again? Are the inaccurate reports physically painful for you or does it somehow effect the business you are in by losing profits or something?

People come here to hear the rumors. Thats why most of us PAID for. If you don't like the rumors, why don't you just go somewhere else, I just don't get it.

I am sure Scott doesn't get up in the morning and say "Hum, what information can I make up and post to make me look like a fool when it doesn't happen today?"

Come on. You sound like one of those conspiracy theorists. I bet the government invented AIDS to rid the world of african americans also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)