Any new info on INHD?

INHD is owned by a cable consortium, I believe it consists of Cox, Comcast, and Time Warner. While it is available for any company that wants to make it available, they current pricing method is you have to pay for each digital cable subscriber. Most people that subscribe to cable only subscribe to analog cable, so it works out for cables best interests. Since all satellite subscribers are digital they would have to pay the subscriber fee for everyone of there subscribers. There was a case pending that claims the pricing for INHD is unfair, and that cable is trying to withhold it from satellite companies. So you probably should not count on seeing it on Dish or Direct anytime soon.

So Dish could offer a SD feed and a HD feed of the channel. There is good content on it and some with out HD may want to watch it in Digital SD.

Believe me, while INHD is another HD channel - the variety of programming is weak. HD Net kills INHD by far - as I used to have INHD on Comcast.

So, while naturally it would be nice to have more channels - you really aren't missing much.

Inhd

I disagree, when I had Comcast Cable, I rec'd both INHD and INHD2 and they were great channels, plus a fair amount of HD MLB coverage! ( I'm now back with Dish)

psumattDE said:
Believe me, while INHD is another HD channel - the variety of programming is weak. HD Net kills INHD by far - as I used to have INHD on Comcast.

So, while naturally it would be nice to have more channels - you really aren't missing much.

if i had the choice, i would rather have inhd. i had them both with cable and watched way more of inhd than hdnet.

dfecarter said:
I disagree, when I had Comcast Cable, I rec'd both INHD and INHD2 and they were great channels, plus a fair amount of HD MLB coverage! ( I'm now back with Dish)

I guess it comes down to a case of different strokes. I would take HD Net anyday because of it's HD hockey coverage, MLB doesn't do anything for me in HD.

sprintcarcrazy said:
I am really wanting a WB station in HD so we can get our Smallvillle fix in HD.
Smallville is on 9422 on HDNET in HD.

They are running old episodes (2003), but I haven't seen any of these in HD before.

I have Dish and Time/Warner Cable and watch INHD on a regular basis. They offer MLB, Rugby, Surfing and Auto Racing, something that you don't see on a regular basis on other Hd channels. The MLB is great; lots of Yankee and Red Sox games.
Also they show movies from time to time that HDNET and others do not duplicate. For instance recently they showed the Coen Bros. "Millers Crossing" and Kurosawa's "Koshamuga" (sp?). They are the only reason I hang onto cable sometimes.

Dish/DIRECTV have been trying to get INHD, the catch is that the "standard" contract would require everyone to get the channels. The issue is that the "standard" contract is that INHD must free of charge in ANY digital tier. Since DIRECTV/Dish are both all digital it would require them to give the channels to all subs.

INHD is of course owned by cable companies. They are required by law to offer the channels to all providers. The catch is that cable of course "digital" is a premium tier...

DIRECTV/Dish have both complained to the FCC, but I have not seen any action on this.

Almost all the cable systems I know of don't include INHD with the digital channels, it comes in an HD pack between 5-6 bucks

I enjoy watching IMAX movies, which INHD shows more of. inHD2 is also the channel for HD coverage of Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics. I find myself watching more inHD then HDnet / HDmovies.

I haven't had INHD but sometimes when I'm looking for stuff to watch I see that they have The Twilght Zone on ....I guess they are broadcasting the new episodes? Either way I would like to watch some baseball and other special events like concerts that they have on. I have had HDNET for a number of years and I rarely watch it. Except for the hockey nothing really interests me.

I still don't see why Dish has not added these channels? I don't care what package they put it in. We pay for the HD packs and you know those are thrown in there for free. Since dish will probably pretty soon in the future switch to HD boxes. All the HD channels can be down converted to SD.

dont24 said:
I enjoy watching IMAX movies, which INHD shows more of. inHD2 is also the channel for HD coverage of Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics. I find myself watching more inHD then HDnet / HDmovies.

HDNet/HDNet movies has transitioned into a very good couple of channels. When Dish first picked them up I very rarely ever watched them. There programming wasn't very good and they replayed stuff over and over. Here lately they have started carrying some very good content. HD Net movies has some very quility well known, new movies. HD Net carries alot of hockey and boxing and other good original series shows. HD net/HD net movies in the beginning is kind of like how Voom is now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)