Any new software coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
I am visiting my parents this weekend and they have recently switched from DirecTV to Dish after at least a decade on D* - I have to say that the Hopper is pretty sweet and makes the current D* platform look pretty long in the tooth: not only the speed great compared to my now-sluggish HR44 but the UI as well as having a built-in Netflix app is very nice.

Anything new coming for Direct anytime soon?

From the Bon Jovi ad - pretty sure the UI is just something the advertising department whipped up for the commercial. After using the new Hopper 3 for the last 4 days, coming back to the Genie really is like "turning back time."

aaahhh, lack of internet in my does not allow me to use that function, so i have no clue what it looks like
they dont show the normal guide

aaahhh, lack of internet in my does not allow me to use that function, so i have no clue what it looks like
they dont show the normal guide

Here is a screen shot if you can't access the video where you are.
dtv.PNG

I just had a HR44/700 and HR24/100 install, and even though it hasn't changed I still like the menu structure. Some of the newer Hopper 3 UI (I have one) isn't so great yet, so be careful what you ask for.

One thing is obvious, who has the better image quality.

I just had a HR44/700 and HR24/100 install, and even though it hasn't changed I still like the menu structure. Some of the newer Hopper 3 UI (I have one) isn't so great yet, so be careful what you ask for.

One thing is obvious, who has the better image quality.
I'm seriously thinking about going back.
We have Directv at work and it's PQ is awesome.
But those are H25s.
And I don't like Genies.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

what makes you hate the genie?
It's slow and I'll equipped with tuners.
I could look past this if Directv didn't try and charge the crap out of you on additional HRS instead of them c41s.
But $300 on 2 leased HRs, yeah get bent.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I switched from dish a month ago. The directv PQ is noticeably better on my 65" Sony. My hr44 has been fine so far. Don't miss the H3 with all its bugs and the PQ is so much better, especially for sports.

It's slow and I'll equipped with tuners.
I could look past this if Directv didn't try and charge the crap out of you on additional HRS instead of them c41s.
But $300 on 2 leased HRs, yeah get bent.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

im curious
did you mean ill equiped with tuners?
it has 5 vs the 3in the h1, and h2?
only the h3 has more.

but i do agree with the large up front for the hr's, i still have an hr24 from before the genie came out, and will not get rid of it.

im curious
did you mean ill equiped with tuners?
it has 5 vs the 3in the h1, and h2?
only the h3 has more.

but i do agree with the large up front for the hr's, i still have an hr24 from before the genie came out, and will not get rid of it.
I have 2 H2s.
That's 6 tuners and I have a 211z.
And it's fully integrated.
The Genies and HR are not.
They can only share recordings.
Clients can only record to the Genie.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have 2 H2s.
That's 6 tuners and I have a 211z.
And it's fully integrated.
The Genies and HR are not.
They can only share recordings.
Clients can only record to the Genie.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

i do agree the integration could be better, allowing scheduling on any dvr
genie clients are just like regular joeys.

i did not think a 211 could see hopper recordings, first time i heard this
it was always said hopper/joey only work with hopper/joey

Reactions: whitewolf8214
i do agree the integration could be better, allowing scheduling on any dvr
genie clients are just like regular joeys.

i did not think a 211 could see hopper recordings, first time i heard this
it was always said hopper/joey only work with hopper/joey
The 211 can't, the 211 is my Tailgater
When Directv has an 8 tuner Genie.
I'll sign up.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

For me the HR44 + HR24 is fine. HR44 is snappy, HR24 is a little laggy but in a location not used often, it is just there for recording backups of what the HR44 is doing.

I have been with Dish for about 16 months I guess, and end of the day the PQ is more important to me. All I need is something to record and playback, with a good image.

Status
Please reply by conversation.