Any News On Sd Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Has anyone heard if D* is planning to do anything with SD locals or are they only worried about HD like everyone else is now. Sorry to sound bitter but it seems like both companies have forgotten the other 8% of us who can not get locals be it HD or SD. I guess I will have to wait for another hurricane to finish off my dma, the Bilioxi/Gulfport area, before anyone decides to do anything.

E* had unofficial plans Scott mentioned on getting to 100% market coverage using original superdish 105 in small markets. That seems on hold pending the waiver lawsuit settlements.

If the settlements go through, I would not count on it. With some markets only having 2-3 stations, they see little revenue potential, because in those markets they are usually rural, meaning little to no competition, i.e. cable.

I've seen no plans or recent launches from D*.

If OTA does nothing for you, I would look into 'moving' your service address to another nearby market to get coverage. It makes it a mess when you need any type of repair service though.

Is moving illegal? Will I go to jail or be sued? I love 10 miles from the Mobile alabama DMA and those are half my locals on cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)