Any news on Sprint 4G?

I thought you needed the air wave to pick up cell service at your house?
first of all that's where is used to live over 50 miles away and second since then sprint has worked and resolved those issues.

first of all that's where is used to live over 50 miles away and second since then sprint has worked and resolved those issues.

Cool. I know that was an issue at one time but I did not know if things had gotten better for you.

For me, Sprint 4G has been pretty good, but I sure wish they would deploy additional towers. I'm in-and-out of 4G coverage far too often in their 4G areas. Sucks when I'm surfing/navigating and the phone rings.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Well, part of the problem is that Sprint's tower plan was designed for 1900MHz frequencies. The 4G is up above 2500MHz. This doesn't extend as far, unless they up the power. It will also have even more problems penetrating buildings than the normal 1900 service does.

Thanks! That explains why the signal is maxed-out (3 bars on EVO) when I sit near a window, yet 4G barely registers further inside the building...yet 3G is unaffected. Heck, and the tower is only a stones throw away. And I've always been perplexed at how I'll be driving along with a good 4G signal, only to drop back to 3G, and back again to 4G in 2 or 3 blocks. I was hoping these coverage gaps would have been addressed by now.

Anyway, does Sprint/Clear have any plans to improve service in their existing 4G areas or is the cure to deploy LTE? Again, service isn't bad...but it sure could be improved.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I think they're going to deploy LTE. Clearwire is out of money which is why their 4G expansion has stalled. Although I did find out that they did put 1 or 2 4G towers in the Detroit area, but coverage is spotty and it's still not available at my exact location at home. We'll find out what's gonna happen when they make their announcement on 4G this fall.

I used to like Joe's before that place got remodeled but since then, I stopped going there because I just don't like the place anymore. Anyway, if you go to clear's website, type in a Detroit zip code (say 48026) and zoom out the map, you can see where the 4G is suppose to be highlighted in green.
CLEAR | 4G WiMAX Internet Coverage Map with Service Area.

I've found that if you find yourself outside the dark green coverage overlay, forget it. You won't see anything. That's how its been in my car. Even when I've been on foot it doesn't work. They say they cover my house in light green (IE: Outside and limited building coverage), but I can't get it anywhere. I'm right on a darkgreen fringe at work, and I get 1 arc to just a dot.

The green on the cities that have a tower or two for spectrum protection isn't meant for your phones low power. There actually is coverage there but the tower can't "hear" your phone so it doesn't connect.

These towers don't have the downtilt on the panels like other launched cities so they can cover more area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)