Blood Pressure on Smartwatch 7

lefatman

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2008
Frederick MD USA
Has anyone had success with getting a good blood pressure monitor to correspond with the Smartwatch 7 ? Would appreciate any and all feedback.

harshness

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
BP monitors (sphygmomanometers) typically use iOS or Android apps but Qardio says that their Quardio app can use the Apple Watch to perform readings from the QardioArm arm band. I wouldn't be surprised if the watch was just a triggering and readout device used in conjunction with the iPhone or iPad app rather than a standalone solution and it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

I'd suggest a standalone BP monitor with storage capability such as the Omron BP7250 for a little over half the price that can store 60 readings without a device and allows on-device review. The readings can be transferred using an app for long-term storage.

K

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
No Apple watch released to date can measure blood pressure. It might act like a conduit to an app on the iPhone as mentioned above but I have never tried to do that.

I use an Omron 786. After a reading is taken I open the app on the iPhone and it syncs the readings from the device to my phone, updates the Apple Health database and even sends the readings to my doctors office system via their app.