Blood Pressure on Smartwatch 7

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
Has anyone had success with getting a good blood pressure monitor to correspond with the Smartwatch 7 ? Would appreciate any and all feedback.

BP monitors (sphygmomanometers) typically use iOS or Android apps but Qardio says that their Quardio app can use the Apple Watch to perform readings from the QardioArm arm band. I wouldn't be surprised if the watch was just a triggering and readout device used in conjunction with the iPhone or iPad app rather than a standalone solution and it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

I'd suggest a standalone BP monitor with storage capability such as the Omron BP7250 for a little over half the price that can store 60 readings without a device and allows on-device review. The readings can be transferred using an app for long-term storage.

No Apple watch released to date can measure blood pressure. It might act like a conduit to an app on the iPhone as mentioned above but I have never tried to do that.

I use an Omron 786. After a reading is taken I open the app on the iPhone and it syncs the readings from the device to my phone, updates the Apple Health database and even sends the readings to my doctors office system via their app.

Reactions: TheForce
I use a Qardio cuff with iphone and it works well. But I have not been able to get the cuff to connect to the watch with Bluetooth. While it connects easily to the iphone, the watch can't seem to see it. However AW connects to my airpods just fine. It also connects to my wrist band camera too although I don't use it as the band is too bulky.

Amazon product ASIN B09399LS32View: https://www.amazon.com/Wristcam-Dual-Camera-ModeUpdated-Stabilization-integration/dp/B09399LS32/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3POVSEQTNMYDV&keywords=Apple+watch+camera&qid=1661532418&sprefix=apple+watch+camera%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)