Any of you guys switch from Dish Network to Comcast recently?

Looks like you got the newer small client box, much improved over the previous box. One thing I learned the hard way, while the client is powered up it holds onto a tuner in the X1. Use the power saving feature to let it power down when not in use.

Another problem. My old HD CRT does not have HDMI Inputs. The client box does not have audio output connectors. It does have DVI. Have to see about another box.

Here's the front view of both boxes. This box runs VERY cool. The cat just jumped off. He preferred the warm Hopper. Too early to comment on Picture Quality.

image.jpeg

Reactions: pattykay
First impression

1.Waiting til 2 pm after my soap operas to install.
2.Only one of my cats can sit on box at a time, it's smaller.
3.Remote lacks control buttons for my Blu Ray and Audio Receiver.
4.No phone line input for caller ID.
5.No component outputs, I use baluns thru cat 5 for my patio TV.

Other than my two lines of humor, the other three lines are important to me.

View attachment 114323 View attachment 114322

How do you install soap operas?

I had to watch my soaps before I started my install. :popcorn

There is a skip forward and back feature. Page up and down does this. I seen on another forum that you can adjust how much you want it to skip.

These boxes do not need to have a Internet connection, meaning I didn't need to connect it to my LAN. I noticed the Ethernet Light was on, on back of the X1 box. It comes thru the coax. I just connected all my stuff thru a standard 4 way and another 2 way splitter. Needed 5 outputs. Nothing special required. Very easy. Curious on how this works.

I still can't get over how cool this box runs, I mean ice cold. There has to be some energy savings here. My two Hoppers got very warm. Keeps the cats off it. :amen

Reactions: pattykay
The only time I've noticed mine get warm was when I was recording four things at once.

Yes skip forward works but you have to program it via the remote. Press Exit three times followed by 0030.

I personally can't tell the difference between any of them.

If your going to a bar or restaurant your more than likely watching directv

I agree. I'm at my daughter's house everyday watching their DirecTV until my granddaughters get home from school and I cannot see a difference from Dish. They have the same Sharp TV I have.

The only time I've noticed mine get warm was when I was recording four things at once.

Yes skip forward works but you have to program it via the remote. Press Exit three times followed by 0030.

Thanks for the skip info.

When I first powered up X1, the picture was not as clear as the Hopper. The wife even noticed. Now it is very clear, maybe clearer than the Hopper. It up converts everything to 1080p.

Does anyone know how to make that info box not come on when doing a direct channel entry?

Now a little bit about the voice control. I thought it would be something I'd never use. But being new to Comcast and not familiar with their guide, I really like it. Just say a channel, a movie or an actor and there it is. Their Cast and Crew feature is also very nice.

Also great that the remote lites up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)