Any of your teams have special food-related promotions?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The question sounds a bit silly, but hear me out.

I read a few recaps of some Anaheim Ducks game earlier in the season, and I noticed something interesting:

Apparently, if the Ducks score 5 goals in a game, fans would get free fries from Carl Jr.

I'm sure KCK Halo is familiar with this if true.

Anyway, can you ever recall any promotions where if your team gets a certain amount of goals or runs or points in a game, the fans get some type of food-related reward?

last season with the dolphins when they went 1-15. the offer was every time the Dolphins won a game you would get some Dolphin meat in a bag. Brain food:D

Yes. If the Cavs score 100 points or more during a home game, fans can bring their ticket stubs to a Taco Bell for a free Chalupa.

It's nuts how interested some people are in this promotion. As they approach 100, it's not unusual to hear the home crowd break into a "CHA-LU-PA" chant! :D

In addition to the Chalupa promo (which needs to go, IMO...if they want to do something like that, offer a Chalupa if the Cavs hold their opponents under 100), any time a Cav player records a triple double, any fan who brings a box score to Arby's gets a free reg. roast beef.

In addition to the Chalupa promo (which needs to go, IMO...if they want to do something like that, offer a Chalupa if the Cavs hold their opponents under 100), any time a Cav player records a triple double, any fan who brings a box score to Arby's gets a free reg. roast beef.

You're right. I just heard about this the other day. I wonder how many fans took advantage of that today after LeBron had a triple deuce last night?

I was wondering the same thing....I don't know if I could do it :) I'd feel a little strange rolling through the drive thru with my box score in hand :)

I was wondering the same thing....I don't know if I could do it :) I'd feel a little strange rolling through the drive thru with my box score in hand :)

Yeah, I've never went through with one of these give-a-ways, but you saw how crazy this city went over the 23-cent pizza promotion by Papa John's? This city loves deals. :D

For those who don't remember that one, Papa Johns offered Cleveland residents 23 cent one-topping pizzas one day last year to make up for a T-Shirt handed out at a Wizards game dissing LeBron. The shirt also happened to have a Papa Johns logo on it. The city of Cleveland was about to boycott the pizza chain before the company offered this promotion as an apology....

Papa Johns | WaitingForNextYear

Yes. If the Cavs score 100 points or more during a home game, fans can bring their ticket stubs to a Taco Bell for a free Chalupa.

It's nuts how interested some people are in this promotion. As they approach 100, it's not unusual to hear the home crowd break into a "CHA-LU-PA" chant! :D

we had something similar a while ago involving the marlins. instead of a chalupa it was 2 free tacos. couple of friends did it. i had no luck.

If UNC scores 100 points in a home game fans get free biscuits at Bojangles. It's great at the end of blowouts seeing which walk on will put them over the top. The students all start chanting "We want biscuits!" And believe me they're good. :D

The lamest I heard of was Michigan St fans get free tacos from Taco Bell if they score 70 points. As if that's hard to do. Such is Big Ten basketball.

Advance Auto Parts is the "official auto parts store" of a couple dozen colleges. If the home team scores 28 points, you get free windshield washer fluid. WHO HOO!!!!

Don't know if the Lion's have any food giveaways, it's been a while since they've won.:D

The Lions wanting to get people into the seats so the team isn't blacked out, they started to offer homeless people free seats so they can stay warm. Well they would rather be cold then watch the Lions, so they are giving every homeless person that comes to the game free Hot Dogs and Beer.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts