Any other satellites waiting to go up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hi there!

I've been curious about something and did a search online but didn't come up with much information. Does D* have any other satellites in development that will soon be going up (ie E* has a couple more planning to go up later this year - granted, they are basically catching up at this point). I'm just curious from a future standpoint, what D*'s plans are. Does anyone know anything about this or perhaps have a link to something with more information?

Thanks so much!!

Hi there!

I've been curious about something and did a search online but didn't come up with much information. Does D* have any other satellites in development that will soon be going up (ie E* has a couple more planning to go up later this year - granted, they are basically catching up at this point). I'm just curious from a future standpoint, what D*'s plans are. Does anyone know anything about this or perhaps have a link to something with more information?

Thanks so much!!

D* has a spare that can and will go up sometime, but it is not scheduled to go up as of yet.

The one they just sent up is the second one in 6 months and they are not even using the last one yet.

Jimbo

Thanks for the quick reply. So, do I understand then that as far as bandwidth requirements (and being able to continue adding new HD programming ;) ), D* is in good shape for the foreseeable future?

Thanks for the quick reply. So, do I understand then that as far as bandwidth requirements (and being able to continue adding new HD programming ;) ), D* is in good shape for the foreseeable future?

YES they are for sure.. DirecTV-12, the once on-ground spare, is being talked about for a 2009 launch. I am almost sure this is VERY dependent on the launch schedule of the launch facility and how well they stay on track.

YES they are for sure.. DirecTV-12, the once on-ground spare, is being talked about for a late 2008/early 2009 launch. I am almost sure this is VERY dependent on the launch schedule of the launch facility and how well they stay on track.

While D11 will give Direct 150 hd national, D12 will give Direct the capacity of 200 national hd channels.

Carlie Ergen: Spare, we dont need no stinking spare!

Spares are made to replace existing in use satellites should they fail during operation causing an outage...

So..... Spare would have to assume you get it working in the first place. :eek:

;)

There is good info about plans to send up another bird after "D12 ground spare" is launched in 2009.

This was discussed at the big DirecTv meeting in Florida a couple of weeks back.

250 HD channels or many more local markets take your pick.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)