Any other seniors w/ problems cashing in free monthly movie certificates?

had charges for two PPV movies on my most current bill, I’d ordered both from the website and used PPV certificates to pay for both. Neither PPV certificate was applied and I was charged for both.

After 22 minutes on hold, the CS that took my call informed me that in order to redeem a PPV cert for a movie you needed to call to order the movie.

She was able to find the expired “unredeemed” certs, and did credit my bill, but the thought of a call for each rental is daunting.

Anyone else ever heard this?

What the CS told you about having to call in is bologna. I always order them from my phone or tablet. With the Stars and Stripes pack I get 1-2 free movies each month. At the bottom of the e-mail that they send me with the certificate number is a link to "order on demand movie". I click on that, enter the 5 digit movie code number and the movie is rented with the certificate applied.

Reactions: dweber
One thing I dislike is you can't use the free certificate for some movies until after being available for several weeks. I have been trting to rent The Invisible Man but it won't let me use a certificate.

What do these movies cost? Five or six bucks? I'm a senior but I would not waste my time with them from what I am reading here. If I want a movie, which is seldom, I just rent it. If it was as easy as calling and getting a free movie a month just for being a senior I would do it but as always, there is fine print.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)