Any Plans for TBSHD on D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WTBS OTA is SD, with the sole exception of Braves games. There was a big story recently about the Braves' TV coverage for this season. They're showing much fewer games on TBS (in fact, the fewest ever), instead carrying more on Turner South. So, unless you are a Comcast or Charter subscriber in Atlanta and get BravesVision, there's no way to watch those games in HD. As a D* subscriber, I have to settle for the few OTA games. They do look beautiful, though.

Why can't FoxSportsSouth get their heads out of their butts and do HD coverage as well? Are they the only Fox RSN that hasn't done one single second of HD?

scotsmanron said:
Not as much as I should have. My SO wanted to move to flat screen TVs, it was my idea at that point to go HD. At least it isn't going to cost me anything to do this. Actually it will be a little less since I dropped the DVRs till the new one comes out.

I would really like to know what the motivation is for not rolling out the HD channels as soon as they are available.

See this and the other laundry list of threads like it. Its not about adding HD for the sake of adding it or just becauses its out there. Some things they CAN'T get, some things really are of no added value, and they are not just up there for the taking, contracts must be haggled out, agreed to and then theymust find un-used (non-spoken for) transponder space. Its not as black & white - flip on the light switch so many try to make it out to be.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=54152

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts