Any practical use for this stuff any more?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sornord

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Florida
I'm a recently-retired Federal employee downsizing as I have no more need of most of what I have acquired over the decades. I bought the following in 1991 to take with me to Australia but the assignment was cancelled at the last minute so this stuff was never set up. It has been in storage ever since. The boxes were only opened for inspection, so this is all essentially new-in-box gear. Is there any use for any of it, or is it all scrap now?

Echostar Model 5500 International (PAL/SECAM/NTSC) receiver
Orbitron SX-12' High Gain Satellite Antenna, with Ajax Horizon to Horizon 180 degree mount assembly
Seavy Engineering Model ESR-124C/Ku 10-12 GHz feedhorn (RHCP, LHCP, VP, and HP)
California Amplifier International Ku Band LNB
Model Ku1095 HEMT; .8 degree noise temp. 10.95-11.70 GHz input, 950-1700 Mhz output with apx 55 dB gain.
California Amplifier C-band LNB
Model CS421575L; 30 degree noise temp., 3.7 - 4.2 Ghz input, 950-1450 Mhz output with apx 62 dB gain​
IFPS-70 Phantom Variable Bandwidth Filer, f/u/w half-transponder format
Paraclipse Feedhorn Cover
200' Echoflex RG-6 dual UL wire
other miscellaneous hardware.

I'll be right there to pick it ALL up. (LOL [don't I wish]) A N.I.B. Paraclypse 12. With a AJAK! TDF.
Want / need a hobby? (you'll need "room" to put up the dish)
Only have to add a new DVB-S2 receiver* and a couple of small items to get into FTA.
If not, stick around, I'm positive someone will be interested in it, or willing to show you their FTA 'set up' to help encourage.
*there's only a couple of 'channels' the echostar (analog-NTSC) will receive. All is now DVB

Would be a very good system set up with an HD receiver. Will be in FL in the fall (Sept) until then call if interested in parting out. Thanks.
716-763-2013. 9-5pm.

That was an Orbitron 12' dish and a Paraclipse feedhorn cover. :)

Yea, as stated above, some happy FTA enthusiast would be pleased to inherit everything (except the receiver).
If you're giving it away, just make sure the lucky slob appreciates it.
If you're going to try go sell it, just understand we're used to finding equipment in the wild... :)
...for next to nothing.

I know it cost a pretty penny, but the demand is now so low, many of those companies have gone out of business.
Just don't want you to be insulted. ;)

As example, the nice perf in my signature came with an Ajak, and top line Toshiba (?) analog receiver.
It was free; the owner thanked me for removing it. ;)

Whoops- got excited, Orbitron dish. ???
Also noticed just now, the Ku LNB is LOW band. Domestic is all Hi Band, 11.7 to 12.2 Ghz.

Whoops- got excited, Orbitron dish. ???
Also noticed just now, the Ku LNB is LOW band. Domestic is all Hi Band, 11.7 to 12.2 Ghz.

Spec sheet says, "Ku frequency 10.95-11.75 Ghz option 10.95-12.75 specs lessen." Emailed ARA, Inc, who apparently acquired Seavey Engineering in the early '00's, for any availabe info about this. I remember ordering everything for maximum flexibility so may have the optional hardware too. I think there was an extlra little waveguide/LNB or something for the high band.

Orbitron SX-12' High Gain Satellite Antenna, with Ajax Horizon to Horizon 180 degree mount assembly top value $500 - 750
not the cheap guy on this forum lol...........but you are 2000+ miles from me :rant:

the rest $100 tops
imo

Bidding war

If you found a motivated buyer... well, good luck, I'm sad to say.

I won't go into the arguments, but getting $250-300 for the lot, would be exceptional.
And that is after considering the new-in-box-factor.

I'm a recently-retired Federal employee downsizing as I have no more need of most of what I have acquired over the decades. I bought the following in 1991 to take with me to Australia but the assignment was cancelled at the last minute so this stuff was never set up. It has been in storage ever since. The boxes were only opened for inspection, so this is all essentially new-in-box gear. Is there any use for any of it, or is it all scrap now?

Echostar Model 5500 International (PAL/SECAM/NTSC) receiver
Orbitron SX-12' High Gain Satellite Antenna, with Ajax Horizon to Horizon 180 degree mount assembly
Seavy Engineering Model ESR-124C/Ku 10-12 GHz feedhorn (RHCP, LHCP, VP, and HP)
California Amplifier International Ku Band LNB
Model Ku1095 HEMT; .8 degree noise temp. 10.95-11.70 GHz input, 950-1700 Mhz output with apx 55 dB gain.
California Amplifier C-band LNB
Model CS421575L; 30 degree noise temp., 3.7 - 4.2 Ghz input, 950-1450 Mhz output with apx 62 dB gain​
IFPS-70 Phantom Variable Bandwidth Filer, f/u/w half-transponder format
Paraclipse Feedhorn Cover
200' Echoflex RG-6 dual UL wire
other miscellaneous hardware.

Since nobody's asked, WHERE in Florida are you and how much are you looking to get from it all?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)