any problems with new microhd, new sl1pll, and receiving from 6' and 1.2 thru vbox.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
I get good h but no v on the receiver. next step is disconnecting the vbox and the 20k switch that switches from the 6' controlled by the vbox and the 1.2 with usals. charlie

I have not saw or heard of any issues going though a V-Box.

I get good h but no v on the receiver
Lightbulb went off, is this happening on both C and Ku?
receiver~~VBox~~motor~~22khz~~C/Ku
Shouldn't be any issues.
If disconnecting all switches, motors, etc, Doesn't locate the 'problem' check the LNB voltage with the LNBF connected.
Easiest way is to mount two F connectors on an aluminum box. Place a bare wire in the box between the center connections. Measure voltage from that wire to the aluminum box.
V voltage should be below 14 volts, H above 16 volts

rcvr - vbox - 22k - one leg to 6', one leg to 1.2 motor. it was working with the s9 but on an old lnb. wanted to get the sl1pll in the mix because I can't get nbc on the old lnb. will try the sl1pll with the s9 but had to quit. picking my grapes because nasty weather coming in tomorrow. charlie

Let us know tomorrow how it turns out.

hooked antenna to s9. now I have horizontal and vertical on 97w, my south satellite. I guess I will eliminate the 22k switch. when I was scanning in the kband, the freqs from g16, the six foot sadoun is pointed that way and that is the other port on the 22k switch, were scanning in. for example, 12020 was the station in casper Wyoming. charlie

dropping the switch out of the loop enabled me to see the vertical transponders., scanned in 223 channels on 97w. scanning 103 right now and I already have nbc. the 22k switch is the one I got when I got my first microhd. it is on my 8' dish but I might try it here now. charlie

How would you expect to pass signal through to the motor using a 22k switch in the first place? Only the Ecoda 22k is capable of doing that.

If you have to run in that manner, you should change out to a diseqc switch OR put the 22k switch on the other side of the motor so you aren't powering the motor through the switch.

I am using the encoda 22k switch. it was working well with the old microhd but I gave that one to the sil. then switched to the s9 and things worked properly still. however, when I got this new microhd yesterday, it doesn't have the ump to power the system the same way the old microhd did. at least, that is my comprehension of the situation. I have another microhd on the 8' dish that I can try but this weekend is pretty busy and it will be next week before I can try that. charlie

finally have time to do testing. loaded old userdb.udf into both new microhd and the microhd I got when they first came out. set both locations to current location, 097.47w and 41.42n. went to 125w to find Montana pbs. old micro, 76q. new micro, 0. I could get some of the other channels. had 37q on a channel on the new micro and then 85q on the old micro. did another test that I had problems with when I got the new micro. I pointed both dishes to 99w, k band. when I blind scanned normal with the old microhd, I got two channels. when I scanned with the new microhd, I got 20 channels, including all the channels on 99w c band. any suggestions? charlie

some more testing. when I scanned with the new microhd, the c band channels scanned in also. Lesea-1 11899/v/26399. Ch-179 11800/h/30000. voltages. 17.97 h. 13.27 v. that was hooked up to the dishes. I don't understand how I am getting both signals from the 1.2 dish and the 6' sadoun at the same time... charlie

to Ti. the old microhd works perfectly and does not scan in the c band channels when scanning k on 99w. I think it is in a problem with the 22k output on the new microhd but don't know how to test it. the encoda switch came with my original microhd. charlie

Well, I am confused! The first posts were about faulty polarity switching (fixed? How?), now the complaint is about 22KHz switching (broken? how?).

I would guess that the switch setting or the switch has an issue. Please confirm the switch settings in the new microHD menu like I suggested in the last post. Maybe the old microHD has the right switch settings and the new does not?

Also, try bypassing the motor controller and the HH motor and connect only to the 22KHz switch and the two LNBFs. Still have an issue?

I loaded the same userdb into both microhd's. I thought that would get the same setup on both receivers other than location and I set that to my location on both receivers. I might have confused my first posts with indications of c band and k band coming through on the same scan rather than a polarity problem. I guess I could try the new microhd on my 8' dish. it has a dmx-741 and see if that works. I will try that tomorrow. I would be going through a g-box instead of a v-box but I don't think that is a problem. because the old microhd works well with the setup I have, and the other microhd I gave my sil was working with this setup, I don't know what would be happening with the new microhd. charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)