Any problems with Pegasus?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CAJUNCLICKER

Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I live in a zip code that is Pegasus. Has anyone heard of any major problems with them? I cannot deal directly with Direct TV.

Pegasus is the reason I switched to DISH a year ago after being a subscriber for over eight years. I have a problem paying them extra money each month over and above the "DirecTV" pricing you see everywhere else. They charge a total of $4.50 per month extra (if I remember correctly). You are also limited on buying extra receivers--you can't just buy any receiver you want from anyone you want. Here's a quote from American Satellite:

"If you are or have ever been a DIRECTV or PRIMESTAR By DIRECTV customer, prices may vary. If you reside in an NRTC area you cannot purchase from American Satellite & Entertainment, Inc. If you have placed an order under one of the aforementioned conditions, an AS&E representative will contact you prior to order processing and shipment."

Pegasus is a part of the NRTC conglomeration. I wanted to purchase an extra receiver and could not because I had Pegasus. This was what finally made me switch to DISH.

Make sure you understand the deal with DirecTV and the NRTC (Pegasus).

Thanks for the insights. I'm in a quandry b/c I want the TiVO functionality. I was told by the Pegasus sales rep that I could purchase my Direct TiVO at a local retailer and I will not have any problems. I guess I'll jump in and see what happens.

I was just forced to switch to Pegasus (moved and zip code is covered by them). One thing they told me when I was activating my account is that I need a phone line attached to each receiver and I have 30 days to get them connected. I told them that that wasn't the case when I was went through Directv. I never had my phone line plugged in unless I wanted to check for SW updates. Does anyone have any experience with not connecting a phone line to the receivers when you're under Pegasus?

I know it's nit picky, but I don't have any phone jacks next to my receivers and don't feel like shelling out xtra cash to put them in or get wireless adapters. Thanks

sean

slambert007 said:
I was just forced to switch to Pegasus (moved and zip code is covered by them). One thing they told me when I was activating my account is that I need a phone line attached to each receiver and I have 30 days to get them connected. I told them that that wasn't the case when I was went through Directv. I never had my phone line plugged in unless I wanted to check for SW updates. Does anyone have any experience with not connecting a phone line to the receivers when you're under Pegasus?

I know it's nit picky, but I don't have any phone jacks next to my receivers and don't feel like shelling out xtra cash to put them in or get wireless adapters. Thanks

Though I'm convinced that Pegasus is actually a tool of Satan, I have two receivers in my house, one is NEVER hooked up to a phone line, and the other I haven't had hooked up to a phone line in about a year until the other day to find out if their were any software updates for that receiver (having some problems adding NickToons to the guide). In all that time, the only thing they did was turn off our ability to order PPV. We don't order PPV, so I don't really care.

~Alan

I'm in agreement with Alan... don't need a phone line. I had to have one dropped for the DirecTivo unit. It does suck that I have to still pay D* the $4.95 for the TiVO service when I have the Total Choice Premier w/local channels. I don't get this Pegasus thing... the extra $1.95/month just irks me. But... the DirecTivo makes it all worth it. I cannot imagine watching TV the old school way again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)