Any purchase pricing for the Hopper 3?

I'm not sure the pricing is out there yet, but, you have to also add in the cost of other equipment as well. You will need a new LNB (Hybrid), a Hub (not a node), and perhaps a new dish as well....

I'm hoping you're high Chad. :biggrin

I'm thinking $299 or so. There's a retailer chat next Tuesday so we'll probably find out then.
I'm basing that off the history of the Hoppers cost, the physical equipment, and the cost of importing one over. I hope I am high as well, but it very well may be true until the H3 becomes a consistent in homes...

The H3 replaces the HWS so I would expect the same pricing, a little higher in the beginning.

Dishdepot.com is where I will be doing my upgrades , if and when I do another upgrade. In my case I have a hopper with sling or hopper 2 and a super joey and a joey . I would also need to change out my sat dish from a 1000.4 eastern arc dish from 2008 that I installed, to a new 1000.2 with eastern arc hybrid lnb. Mark at Dishdepot is great to work with and he will allow me a trade in for my older receivers towards a new hopper 3 and dish etc. No tax since I live outside of Florida and free shipping and handling. Been doing business with Mark since 2003.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sent an email just now to ask price and when it would be available for purchase.

Dish has not released any date or pricing yet. I have already contacted my distributor regarding this. I was told to wait until the Retailer Chat next Tuesday. My guess is it will retail for around $400 to start.

Dish has not released any date or pricing yet. I have already contacted my distributor regarding this. I was told to wait until the Retailer Chat next Tuesday. My guess is it will retail for around $400 to start.
I hope that it isn't that high. Maybe $299.99 I could see, but $400.00 would be too high to me. Might have to actually call DISH at that price?

I can't imagine it retailing that low right away. That's probably closer to the cost of the receiver than the retail.

I hope that it isn't that high. Maybe $299.99 I could see, but $400.00 would be too high to me. Might have to actually call DISH at that price?
Any particular reason that you want to purchase? Since the fees are the same, a lot of the advantage of owning equipment is gone.

Any particular reason that you want to purchase? Since the fees are the same, a lot of the advantage of owning equipment is gone.

I know for me the reason is because I have always installed my own equipment, but I've been a retailer so it's easy for me. I plan on installing the Hopper 3 as well. I keep thinking about some day I won't be a retailer and then I'll have to pay for the equipment if I want to install it myself. I have trouble thinking of having someone from Dish come to my house to do the install when I've been in the business probably longer than the installer has been.

I know for me the reason is because I have always installed my own equipment, but I've been a retailer so it's easy for me. I plan on installing the Hopper 3 as well. I keep thinking about some day I won't be a retailer and then I'll have to pay for the equipment if I want to install it myself. I have trouble thinking of having someone from Dish come to my house to do the install when I've been in the business probably longer than the installer has been.
I have put on some weight so I will gladly let an installer crawl through my attic. I could do it, but having a bum leg, and now bum back and being heavyset(I'm fat... I'd sugar coat it but I'd probably eat that too) it is just worth it to let them do it.

I have put on some weight so I will gladly let an installer crawl through my attic. I could do it, but having a bum leg, and now bum back and being heavyset(I'm fat... I'd sugar coat it but I'd probably eat that too) it is just worth it to let them do it.
I'm not heavy set, and sometimes it's not worth doing it yourself anyway.

Like when you would have to Buy a New Hybrid LNB, H3, and more joeys. Why not just let dish do it for free or even $100 rather then just $500 on equipment for a self install.
I look at it this way. How can they screw up essentially a Single Coax install?

Yeah, My 2 hopper 2 Joey, 211 Setup, I could see being tapped and split like crazy, Basically it already was with just the Tech doing the Hopper without the 211.

But with only basically 2 Feeds one to the H3,and One to a splitter, I don't see what you gain by doing it yourself, especially when you more than likly already have all the wiring in place from your previous/existing system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)