Any Recommendation on C-Band LNB on 36 inch Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite_beginner

Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Hi all,

going through some ot the FAQ#s in FTA i found that it seems to be possible
to receive C-Band FTA also with a 90cm Dish. (detailed equipment please see below).

Does anyone have a recommendation on a C-Band LNB, that would fit on a regular 36 inch dish?
If yes please provide a link and/or price information.

Best would be of course a LNB, which can do both C-Band and Ku-Band, but i didn't find a good recommendation on this yet.

I bought my Ku-Band equipment as follows, but I was a bit disappointed by the FTA television channels that i finally received with my equipment (i mainly got Fox, but nearly none of the other common channels even when using a motored system). Looking again on lyngsat i realized, that most of the common channels (i.e. abc, nbc, upn) are available via C-Band, but not via Ku-Band (my location:wash. dc).

My equipment is as follows:

x Pansat 3500S Complete System ()
Coax Cable 100ft Black
Motor Pansat PM 900S
Dish 36 Inch
LNB Universal Single - Included
Update Cable Null Modem Cable - Included
DiseqC Switch One 4x1 DiseqC Switch - Included

Thanks
Hans-Joerg

The 40" C-Band dish was a great fun project, but thats it! Its NOT a reliable way to pick up C-Band signals. You will need at least a 6' dish and of course a C-Band LNBF

I used the voltage controled ASC-421 C-Band LNB for my 40" C-Band experiments.......

http://www.dmsiusa.com/c-band_lnbf.htm

There will also be a new C/KU LNBF coming onto the market at the end of the month that you may want to concider. But you WILL need a bigger dish. Sorry to disappointed you but would hate you to go to all that bother to pick up a handfull of the REALLY Strong C-Band signals (with no adjacent strong satellites)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39119

Peter recomends a 6 foot dish, I recommend an 8 footer. The bigger the dish the more of the signal it will gather. That is important if you want to get C band because it is a wider signal that Ku.:)

You can get away with a little smaller dish if you get a Cassegrain style like mine (see avatar). It's under 8', and I don't have any reception issues even with my cheapo eagle aspen lnb's. It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison though, as my dish is deeper than standard ones so the reflecting surface is greater.

agree 100%

Diamond Jim said:
Peter recomends a 6 foot dish, I recommend an 8 footer. The bigger the dish the more of the signal it will gather. That is important if you want to get C band because it is a wider signal that Ku.:)

Always the bigger the better....Although where you are located and the footprint of the Sat(s) you are after also will come into play....as well as the quality and temp rating of your LNB (F). If you live near the outer fringe of the Sat's footprint....you will need bigger than 6' IMHO...However, PSB is the Professional!

My 8 footer does extremely well on KU, but it has a High Quality (low kelvlin temp rating LNB for both C and KU band)

C-Band is a lot more forgiving than KU with my 4DTV. When I went to KU band a few years ago, I found out just how far off I was!!! Took a bunch of tweaking, but has been well worth it!

I am in Reno NV and that is on the outer edge of some of my sat's footprints. Never had any reception issues with the 8 footer! Being correctly "dialed in" also has a huge impact!

Best of Luck
Jeff

satellite_beginner said:
Hi all,

going through some ot the FAQ#s in FTA i found that it seems to be possible
to receive C-Band FTA also with a 90cm Dish. (detailed equipment please see below).

Does anyone have a recommendation on a C-Band LNB, that would fit on a regular 36 inch dish?
If yes please provide a link and/or price information.

Best would be of course a LNB, which can do both C-Band and Ku-Band, but i didn't find a good recommendation on this yet.

I bought my Ku-Band equipment as follows, but I was a bit disappointed by the FTA television channels that i finally received with my equipment (i mainly got Fox, but nearly none of the other common channels even when using a motored system). Looking again on lyngsat i realized, that most of the common channels (i.e. abc, nbc, upn) are available via C-Band, but not via Ku-Band (my location:wash. dc).

My equipment is as follows:

x Pansat 3500S Complete System ()
Coax Cable 100ft Black
Motor Pansat PM 900S
Dish 36 Inch
LNB Universal Single - Included
Update Cable Null Modem Cable - Included
DiseqC Switch One 4x1 DiseqC Switch - Included

Thanks
Hans-Joerg

I did a 90 cm mini-bud . Fun experiment & learning experience . But nor for your regular source ov TV .

Now testing a 10' dish .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)