Any reliable feeds on Ku 89W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
Right now, I'm at my place in Nevada. I've got a non-motorized 1.2M dish here. Trying to find 89W so I can get some active 89W tp's loaded into the Amiko Mini HD SE. Then, when I get back to Wisconsin, I'd use this info to find the true south (89W) on the motorized 39" dish that will be going up there. Found 91W but can't find 89W. Is BYU 'on' full time?

As I understand it, when using USALS, it really is not necessary to know true south, as long as one known satellite can be located. It is just much easier if true south is known so the initial settings can be dialed in. Is this correct? Guess I could always use the dish pointer data and a compass for a true south reference. But, if there is something reliable on 89W I'd like to give it one more try.

There's an ABC feed but don't believe it has programming all the time (mainly evenings). It's on now @ 12195 H 2784.

Look for the Baltimore channels that are scrambled but should come up, also start at the mta mux on 87w then move west till you get the Baltimore channels.

Look for the Baltimore channels that are scrambled but should come up, also start at the mta mux on 87w then move west till you get the Baltimore channels.

The Baltimore channels are on 89W? Whoops! I thought they were on 91W. So, then, yes I have the Baltimore channels scanned in on 91W but they are really 89W.
I can deal with that. Great! Rescanned 89W and the Baltimore channels are there along with BYU Global on 1734/H/2787. First time that BYU showed up! ABC is down now, but I have seen it. Thank you FTA4PA and danrist for your help.

No problem I am on 89w right now I moved my dish west 2 degrees over to get 101w, 97w ku, 110w, 89w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)