Any Retailers Selling DirecTV DVRs/Receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Went to BB today and noticed that they no longer carry any DirecTV equipment. Same is true for Cosco. Are there any retailers left that carry DirecTV DVRs/Receivers? I want to check out the HR24

The Dishstore can sell you a Directv receiver. It would be leased...
Thanks, but I was looking for a physical store in which I can actually go see, touch, and maybe play with it.

I know BB and Costco all used to carry their equipment. Now they only sign you up and the equipment gets delivered. They do not carry the inventory in the stores anymore.

Near my house in SoCal?

You didn't say that !

It's highly doubtful that a everyday store would have the new HD DVR's on display.
What about ABC Warehouse, are there any of them around you, I don't remember if they still carry them or not, probably not.
I know that when B and CC had thier D* recvrs, they never had the newest ones on displat working, they had them in stock, but not active. (I had a buddy that ran the local CC) He said they (D*) would never activate the most up to date equipment, they were running a D* Tivo when the HR20'as were out.
He would ask about getting the newer box authorized and D* would say NO, they wanted the programming showing on the TV's but didn't really want customers playing with the active unit.

Went to BB today and noticed that they no longer carry any DirecTV equipment. Same is true for Cosco. Are there any retailers left that carry DirecTV DVRs/Receivers? I want to check out the HR24
The title of this thread is exactly why you can't find the receivers in stores. Directv hasn't been sold since March 1 2006, it has only been available for lease. Too many people thought they were BUYING at BB CC and Costco so D* is now delivering the leased product directly to the consumer.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)