Any suggestions about Skywayusa

Jodynoelle

Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Any suggestions on how to handle skywayusa. I ordered skywayusa on November 24, 2006. It took three weeks to install and was only used for one week until the satellite failed. The monthly fee was taken out of my checking account for the month of December but was unable to use service. I have only received one phone call from skywayusa telling me the satellite service was down. All other calls were made by me, every three weeks since January, with me being told the same thing, "We're changing to another Satellite service". Well I called and cancelled this service last week and today they withdrew $549 from my bank account. Of course, I called and questioned them. Their response was I had a contract and that was the cancellation fee. So they have taken me for a little more than $800 since December with only one week of usage.

Please leave some advice as how to handle this situation.

Contact your bank and dispute charges. If you used a Visa Debit card or Credit Card you would be covered with the Fraud Protection since they did not deliver your goods or service. If you used your bank account information you are only protected by what your bank says. A credit union may go up to bat for you if it is a larger bank then good luck.

Wow am I sure glad I never went with SkyWayUSA! There is supposed to be another service out there too. None offer me local dialup to transmit back though.

skyway

Talked to skyway again today but of course, they were still giving me the run around. "The satellite will be fixed in two weeks"! I put in a dispute with the bank after I was unsuccessful with Skyway. I'll just have to wait and let my banks legal team handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)