Question About Internet Hosting

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
My company has had a website for about a year and a half. The company that created the site (a local company here in Rockford, IL) also does the internet hosting. We have paid to have them host our site thru the end of the year, but I was looking around at godaddy and other hosting sites and they seem to be ALOT cheaper. Right now we are paying around $75 a month for hosting. Our site is not very big (6 pages) and we only have three emails on the account. Im not sure if that makes a difference, but Im wondering how hard is it to change internet hosts, how much is a reasonable price to pay per month, and what are some of the sites you guys use for hosting.

Thanks a lot!

I like host gator because you can have as many domain names as you want. I also used 1and1, but you'll need separate accounts for each domain name.

If you want to change something on a page, do you call them or change it yourself? That's going to need considered in the price. While you can get cheeper hosting through godaddy you will have to maintain the site yourself or pay someone to make changes to the page. From the way it sounds I would say you pay these people $75 a month to host and maintain your site. If you want to change a picture on your main page you send them the pic and they change it. Thats where the price difference comes for .

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys

Right, $75 a month for maintaining the Site isn't bad... I pay like $15 a month through Host Gator, but I designed, coded, and maintain my own site.

Right, $75 a month for maintaining the Site isn't bad... I pay like $15 a month through Host Gator, but I designed, coded, and maintain my own site.

I pay about $60 per year combined for hosting and DN registration to GoDaddy for a site that I maintain. It's a simple site (<50 pages), and you can't beat the price of a little more than $1 per week... :up

We have the ability to change content ourselves but as for pictures I believe the company charges us for that.

I use host department for my sites. $10 per month (I'm registered through direcNIC ($15/yr)) for unlimited hosting. I built my sites using their included Site Builder. That enables me to edit a site on the fly, as long as I have an internet connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)