Any suggestions on this problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

money69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
I just got a new HR20-100S in the mail today, I bought it off ebay however its not working. It doesn't power on at all, its new in the box, I can tell it hasnt been used at all. I have it hooked up properly, theres no trick or any hard reset to try and get this thing working or is it just dead and needs to be shipped back out???

I just got a new HR20-100S in the mail today, I bought it off ebay however its not working. It doesn't power on at all, its new in the box, I can tell it hasnt been used at all. I have it hooked up properly, theres no trick or any hard reset to try and get this thing working or is it just dead and needs to be shipped back out???
Seeing you LEASED IT OFF EBAY call 1800-531-5000 and get it replaced with a reman. You may have to activate it on your account and agree to the 2 year contract before they ship out a new one. But seeing they own it you should get a replacement.:)

I tried calling and getting them to send me a refurbished unit but they wouldnt do that because they said they couldnt verify that channel 100 was working, I told them originally the truth about the situation. So, I guess im stuck sending it back to the dealer. Im pissed because at the end of the day this is a lease unit and no matter what its going to end back up with them.

Could be a cable came loose inside during shipping - hard drive cable or something. Of course opening the case to check carries it's own risk. I would NOT recomend doing this unless this box has no sticker that would indicate the case had been open.

I'm not sure if the HR10 does or not. I know the HR20 does.

I tried calling and getting them to send me a refurbished unit but they wouldnt do that because they said they couldnt verify that channel 100 was working, I told them originally the truth about the situation. So, I guess im stuck sending it back to the dealer. Im pissed because at the end of the day this is a lease unit and no matter what its going to end back up with them.

I hope the person that sold it to you gets billed, as he should, these rec. are leased from D* not bought, therefore anytime someone cancels service the unit should go back to D*, NOT sold for profit.

Was this bought (Leased) off EBAY from a customer or a business, IF it was a business, maybe you can go back to them about it.

Originally there were no businesses on EBAY only individuals, thats the way it was suppose to be, but it's not anymore, so I don't use it.

You are absolutly sure the dish is pointed correctly, seeing channel 100 won't come in if it's not.... No lights on the unit, no power, no picture at all on the screen menu's or anything ???

Jimbo

And why would you get one on e-Bay anyway? You can get one cheap from DirecTV themselves or at any "big box" store.

Anyway, good luck with your return.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts