Any suggestions on what antenna I need to get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scorpion.sting

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Logansport, IN
I live in Logansport, Indiana. WTHR channel 13 out of Indianapolis says that their signal will reach my city. Heres the problem, I go to AntennaWeb.com and it only gives me stations out of Lafayette, Indiana as the only stations that I can receive. Could anyone give me some suggestions as to which Antenna I need to purchase?

You seem to be about 60m away from that tower (39° 55' 43.00" N 86° 10' 55.00" W); so you will need to get a quality antenna up high, at or above your roof line; maybe some ideas if you can tell what other channels you might be interested in, in your area. This one in particular is UHF and if its the only interest maybe look at something like the Radio Shack Model: VU-190 XR | Catalog #: 15-2156 simply to buy it local and try out the results and have easy returnability.

Attachments

• IND.jpg
    IND.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IND2.jpg
    IND2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 189
And add a Channnel Master 7777 pre-amp, no guarantees, you are down in the river valley but good signal is 300 ft above you.

VHF analog stations should be attainable, play around with the options at the bottom of the antennaweb input page, at around 250 ft elevation you even start to get digitals out of Indianapolis.

Moving north to about CR300 also gives you better Indianapolis reception, So much depends on elevation and location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)