Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I have two of the black HR-21s and one of them is so slow to respond.

Is Directv coming out with any new models anytime soon?

I am pretty sure they meant HR23... However, I just spoke with a rep in person today and they told me there is an HR24 unit available. Of course, I am a new subscriber and they may have just told me this to get me to sign up. The networking features were important to me..

When she called in to have my installation scheduled (this Monday), she had to request several times from the CSR to have the HR24 LNB5 and TVtoPC noted for the installer.

I was still skeptical when I got home, so I called customer service to verify that I would be receiving the "HR24".. She said, yes the account had that noted and the installer would be installing that along with the LNB5....

I guess Monday, I'll find out if they are pulling my leg. I am guessing it'll be the HR23...But as long as I can stream to my workstations within the house and have the feature set of the 23... I won't complain.

Gotta confess, I didn't know about all the functions of each HDDVR model before I went to speak to them...So it wasn't until I got home and couldn't find a darn thing about a HR24 via the net, that I started questioning things.

Anyway. This is my first post here. Hopefully, things go smoothly Monday. I am so ready to ditch Time Warner.

Andrew
Crystal Clear Media

I am pretty sure they meant HR23... However, I just spoke with a rep in person today and they told me there is an HR24 unit available. Of course, I am a new subscriber and they may have just told me this to get me to sign up. The networking features were important to me..

When she called in to have my installation scheduled (this Monday), she had to request several times from the CSR to have the HR24 LNB5 and TVtoPC noted for the installer.

I was still skeptical when I got home, so I called customer service to verify that I would be receiving the "HR24".. She said, yes the account had that noted and the installer would be installing that along with the LNB5....

I guess Monday, I'll find out if they are pulling my leg. I am guessing it'll be the HR23...But as long as I can stream to my workstations within the house and have the feature set of the 23... I won't complain. Folks reporting have been all over the range of receiver numbers HR-20 to 23, some refurbished. I was all ready to switch from Dish Network, even have an install late in the month. But this aspect I do not care for, especially when I will be getting two HD DVRs.

Gotta confess, I didn't know about all the functions of each HDDVR model before I went to speak to them...So it wasn't until I got home and couldn't find a darn thing about a HR24 via the net, that I started questioning things.

Anyway. This is my first post here. Hopefully, things go smoothly Monday. I am so ready to ditch Time Warner.

Andrew
Crystal Clear Media

From what many here have said, you will get whichever receiver is on the truck (available from local supplier). There is no specifying a particular receiver. The CSR probably does not know any better. Folks have reported getting all the various receivers out there, from HR-20 to 23. I have an install set for the end of the month, switching from Dish. But this variant I have a problem with since I would be getting two DVRs. I think I have talked myself into staying put with proven equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)