Setting the receiver to channel 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Currently the receiver is set to channel 3. But, I see a lot of fuzzy picture when it is set on channel 3.

Can someone tell me how to set the receiver to tv channel 4?

It would sure help if you gave a model# of the receiver, since there's only been DOZEN's of D* models made over the years... :confused:

But, if it's NOT a switch on the back, then it should be in the setup menu of your receiver.

Currently the receiver is set to channel 3. But, I see a lot of fuzzy picture when it is set on channel 3.

Can someone tell me how to set the receiver to tv channel 4?

It would sure help if you gave a model# of the receiver, since there's only been DOZEN's of D* models made over the years... :confused:

But, if it's NOT a switch on the back, then it should be in the setup menu of your receiver.

Actually, I don't remember EVER seeing that option on any of the newer rec's.

SBSI,
Do you not have any other connections on your TV, Component or Composite would be a better way to go.
IF you only have the RF input available, run down to BB or Radio Shack and get a converter.

While I know all the new H/HD & R22 boxes don't, actually the standard (D12) SD receivers STILL do:

DIRECTV: Standard Receiver

But again, if the OP would give a model# - a little common sense here, you know... :rolleyes:

SBSI,
Do you not have any other connections on your TV, Component or Composite would be a better way to go.
IF you only have the RF input available, run down to BB or Radio Shack and get a converter.

The OP already said it ALREADY puts out on ch 3; he just wants to change it to 4... ;) ;)

Last edited:

SBSI,

Yes, a VCD/DVD recorder combo.

do you have your directv receiver ran through the VCR/DVD using coax, then to the TV using coax? if so, make sure you turn off the power to the VCR/DVD when watching directv, though ideally you should use composite/s-video/component if available

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)