Any way to sort of bypass DVR 625 SmartCard Error screen?

sallyjacks

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Sonoma County, California
I have a 625 DVR that evidently has a bad cardreader. They are sending me a new receiver, but I am trying to get to the programs on the hard drive. When I take out and put in the smartcard the receiver goes to acquiring satellite signal and if I quickly press the DVR button on the remote, I can see the list of recorded programs - can even press start and a recording will, but after a few seconds the 019 error message pops up.

Is there any way that I (or Dish Tech guys) can sort of 'bypass' the error screen so I can watch the recorded programs while I'm waiting for the new receiver? Some programs on there I've been saving and now I'll lose them....

TIA, Sally

I actually did figure out a way to do this. If you take out the smartcard, disconnect the cable, and restart the receiver you'll get the 'acquiring the signal' screen. You can then press the DVR button and watch recorded programs, or press Menu and I was able to move the programs I wanted to my PocketDish. You can't see your timers or program guides, but at least you can watch what you have already recorded. Hope this helps others with the same problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts