Has anyone tried this?

Sat Monkey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Wausau, WI
A customer just gave me a Sony RM-AV3100 Remote Commander.

Basicly its the bad boy of the sony remotes, touch screen and a ton of functions including learning.

Has any one got one of these to do basic on/off functions on this sony remote?

Mike

I have one that used to control everything I have. Great remote.

This thread needs to be moved....

OK. You need to set the 922 to IR mode and start teaching the Sony remote the commands you want to use. There is a Dish receiver mode that will get you started. If you don't have the manual search the Sony site to download.

What STB setting do I use to start out with as the STB codes for this remote don't cover Dish specifically. Or is this the learning part that I am reading in the manual I downloaded from Sony?

Thank you G for your help on this.

Mike

P.S. If I get this to work, I will post a how to as this remote now runs everything in my house that has an IR remote with the exception of my 922. I do mean Everything, even our air conditioner...its crazy for such an old remote.

DUDE YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!! I now have everything on one bad a** remote. granted nothing replaces the 32.0 remote for every function, but this comes dame close.

Mucho Thanks.

Mike.

Dude what code is that for and where did you find it. as I play with is remote its doing alot more than just off on and channels. Menu, guide, page up and down, scrolling. CRAZY!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts