Switched after 12 years

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
WNY
I finally switched from Dish to Direct today after being with Dish for over 12 years. I had no complaints or problems with Dish until I got HD last year. All I heard from Dish was excuses (mostly lies) why they couldn't show all of the baseball games on SNY in HD and why they don't have MSG in HD yet. Maybe in a few years if Dish ever fixes it problems with its sports in HD I might come back but after watching a baseball game on Direct tonight in HD I have to say that Direct's picture looked so much better in HD then Dish's did.

I also switched from Dish in Jun. Had no problems with them but wanted the MRV, Got tired of E* trying to figure it out. I now have 2 HR24s and love it, I like everything about D* better.

I don't think I know, Hart?:confused:

But not an unreasonable question. Whats your idea of a bad reason?

Sports related is obviously a good reason to you.;)

Bad reasons would be:

Installer brings no HR24s to install only older HR2xs that are refurbished and slower to operate.:eek:

After your"special deals" ends you find it's alot more expensive with DirecTV than Dishnetwork for programming.:eek:

When you replace a receiver you find out later your under a "new" 24 month contract.:eek:

That's a few.;)

Bad reasons would be:

Installer brings no HR24s to install only older HR2xs that are refurbished and slower to operate.:eek:

After your"special deals" ends you find it's alot more expensive with DirecTV than Dishnetwork for programming.:eek:

When you replace a receiver you find out later your under a "new" 24 month contract.:eek:

That's a few.;)
:up
Thank you, Those would be bad.:)

But these are reasons your sorry you switched, Not good reasons for switching.;)

I finally switched from Dish to Direct today after being with Dish for over 12 years. I had no complaints or problems with Dish until I got HD last year. All I heard from Dish was excuses (mostly lies) why they couldn't show all of the baseball games on SNY in HD and why they don't have MSG in HD yet. Maybe in a few years if Dish ever fixes it problems with its sports in HD I might come back but after watching a baseball game on Direct tonight in HD I have to say that Direct's picture looked so much better in HD then Dish's did.
Don't forget YES network in NY as well.

Bad reasons would be:

That's a few.;)
Replacing a receiver does not extend your contract. Upgrading a receiver does.

Bad reasons would be:

Happens. Sometimes depends on the setup and area. My area only does 24s, especially for MRV installs.

If you consider $2-3 a lot

If it is a defective replacement that is not true. If it is an upgrade to a new receiver, then yes. Guess what, Dish extends your contract also if you upgrade, unless you purchase it.

That's a few.;)

$17 additional HDDVR receiver fee vs. $5 plus MRV makes it more than worth while.

S~

replacing receiver with Dtv does extend your contract. Of course Dtv customer rep don't telly you that. Even if you purchase your own receiver and add it on your account it still extends your contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts