Any way to use 612 for OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm willing to part with mine since it's not doing what I paid for. However, after my last experience, I'm a cash-up-front type now.

What's it "not doing" ?
Receiving my OTA channels in such a matter that my Hopper 3 can view and record the programming without glitches every 3 seconds or so. Yes, yes, I know the problem lies with the Hopper's software, but the end result is I spent money for something and seven months later, it still doesn't work as advertised.

I know some people have "workarounds" and other "tricks" to make it work (they don't work here for me), but I'd almost rather take my chances with an OTA system that will work even in heavy rainfall.

Reactions: dolfan3033
I currently use the Hopper and the ota modules are not available. I have an old 612 that I connected to an antenna, but it won't work unless it's connected to the dish. Is there any way I can get around this issue?
So did you try also connecting the 612 to a satellite dish? It needs to download the guide information from the satellites before it will work for OTA. My deactivated HD receivers still work for OTA, but I never disconnected them from the satellite signal.

Reactions: TheKrell
So did you try also connecting the 612 to a satellite dish? It needs to download the guide information from the satellites before it will work for OTA. My deactivated HD receivers still work for OTA, but I never disconnected them from the satellite signal.

No. I thought about it, but since I'm on a Hopper I thought that the 612 might mess with the MOCA network. Or, worst case scenario, jerk around somehow with my Dish account. Now that Tribune and Dish settled, I can take my good old time procuring a USB OTA tuner. I don't want to purchase a used device and will not pay more than what the retail value would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)